The Telecom service revenue growth in Algeria over 2019-2024 will be supported by mobile data and fixed broadband segment. Mobile voice will be the leading contributor to the total telecom service revenue till 2021. It will be surpassed by mobile data segment from 2022 onwards supported by rising mobile data consumption and increasing adoption of 3G/4G services. The broadband segment will witness investments by the government, which will boost broadband capacity and further extend broadband services to underserved areas of the country.
The report "Algeria Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report" provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Algeria today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The report "Algeria Telecom Operators Country Intelligence" provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Algeria
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to government initiatives, national fiber project, and more
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook
Companies mentioned: Mobilis, Djezzy, Ooredoo Algeria, Algerie Telecom
- The overall telecom service revenue in Algeria will decline at a CAGR of 0.4% from US$3.6 billion in 2019 to about US$3.5 billion by 2024.
- Mobile revenue will account for 70.1% of the total telecom revenue in 2024, led by mobile data segment.
- 3G wil remain the most adopted mobile technology through 2021 where 4G will surpass 3G to become the leading mobile technology by 2022, led by the ongoing LTE network expansions from the operators.
- The top two mobile operators, Mobilis and Djezzy, accounted for 72.5% share of total mobile subscriptions in 2019. We expect the competition to intensify further as all the operators shift their focus to data centric services.
Reasons to buy
- The report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Algeria's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies
- Accompanying forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Algeria's mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Algeria's telecommunications markets
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Algeria