GlobalData's Tourism Source Market Insight: Japan report provides a thorough insight into the Japanese domestic and outbound tourism markets. The report looks at the profiles of Japanese tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Japanese outbound travel market.
- Japanese expenditure on outbound tourism is growing at an accumulative rate. Total outbound expenditure expanded from US$37.3bn in 2017 to US$38.6bn in 2018.
- Japanese tourists spend an average of US$114 per domestic trip.
- Domestic trips were taken 16 times more frequently in 2018 than outbound trips.
- Japanese travelers in the age bracket of 50-64 undertake the most domestic and international trips. Japanese boomers tend to prefer active holidays rather than sun and beach trips.
- This report is part of GlobalData's Source Market Insights Series. This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Japanese outbound travel market.
Reasons to buy:
- This report provides clear insight into developments in the Japanese domestic and outbound tourism markets.
- The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
- The report explores the different profiles of Japanese tourists and the reasons that they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
- The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the Japanese market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.