The Iraqi Defense Market - Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2024 , published by GlobalData, provides readers with detailed analysis of both historic and forecast defense industry values, factors influencing demand, the challenges faced by industry participants, analysis of industry leading companies, and key news.
This report offers detailed analysis of the Iraq's defense industry with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- The Iraq's defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of the Iraq's defense industry during 2020-2024, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for the industry. It also provides a snapshot of the country's expenditure and modernization patterns
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to the army, navy, and air force. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country
- Porter's Five Force analysis of the Iraq's defense industry: analysis of the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, bargaining power of buyers, threat of substitution, intensity of rivalry, and barriers to entry
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country's imports and exports over the last five years
- Market opportunities: details of the top five defense investment opportunities over the next 10 years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the Iraq's defense industry. It provides an overview of key players, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis
- Iraqi military expenditure values US$6.7 billion in 2019 and registered a CAGR of -5.26% during 2015-2019. The decline in the defense budget during the historic period is primarily due to the country's heavy reliance on oil and gas revenues to fund its expansive defense modernization programs. Therefore, the severe erosion of global oil and gas prices during 2016-2017 adversely impacted the country's defense spending capability and forced it to cut back on its defense spending. Iraq is expected to allocate an average of 3.0% of its GDP to defense expenditure over the forecast period, despite its relatively small economy.
- Expenditure is anticipated to focus more on the procurement of equipment, to augment air defense capabilities and enhance the operational capabilities of the current fleet of naval vessels, and better communication and surveillance systems. Cumulative expenditure on the procurement of advanced military hardware is projected to stand at US$12.2 billion over the next five years - Key areas of procurement include fighter aircraft, attack helicopters, tanks, tactical trucks, missiles, radars, air defense system, communication systems, and UAVs.
Reasons to buy:
- This report will give the user confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the Iraqi defense industry market trends for the coming five years
- The market opportunity section will inform the user about the various military requirements that are expected to generate revenues during the forecast period. The description includes technical specifications, recent orders, and the expected investment pattern by the country during the forecast period
- Detailed profiles of the top domestic and foreign defense manufacturers with information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins, and financial analysis wherever available. This will provide the user with a total competitive landscape of the sector
- A deep qualitative analysis of the Iraqi defense industry covering sections including demand drivers, Porter's Five Forces Analysis, Key Trends and Growth Stimulators, and latest industry contracts