GlobalData's Tourism Source Market Insight: South Korea report provides a thorough insight into the South Korean domestic and outbound tourism markets. The report looks at the profiles of South Korean tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the South Korean outbound travel market.
- In 2018, South Koreans spent a total of US$33.4bn in outbound tourism and US$56.8bn in domestic tourism.
- On average, domestic Korean tourists spend US$42.58 per day of trip, a figure that is expected to drop to US$40.59 in 2019.
- With 49.6 million trips taken in 2018 (domestic and international included), the 35-49 age group represents the largest cohort of holiday takers in South Korea.
- This report is part of GlobalData's Source Market Insights Series. This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the South Korean outbound travel market.
Reasons to buy
- This report provides clear insight into developments in the South Korean domestic and outbound tourism markets.
- The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
- The report explores the different profiles of South Korean tourists and the reasons that they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
- The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the South Korean market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.