The UK Menswear 2019-2024 report offers comprehensive insight and analysis of the UK menswear market (including forecasts up to 2024), the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes. It provides in-depth analysis of the following: the hot issues impacting the market, strategies for success, market sizes and forecasts, retailer profiles, retailer market shares, consumer data and future outlook. The consumer data is based on our 2019 UK clothing survey, using a panel of 5,000 nationally representative UK clothing shoppers.
The UK menswear market is forecast to reach £11.1bn in 2019, with growth of 8.6% expected over the next five years - outperforming all other clothing subsectors. Although spend will remain restricted due to squeezed budgets, males' growing awareness of trends will help boost the market once consumer confidence is regained post Brexit.
- JD Sports has been the biggest winner within the UK menswear market over the last five years, with its share increasing by 2.1 percentage points thanks to the athleisure trend and its effective targeting and engagement with its customers.
- Department stores are forecast to be the worst performing channel over the next five years, with their share of the market expected to decline by 0.6 percentage points as a result of struggles at Debenhams and House Fraser.
- The percentage of online menswear shoppers using click & collect has increased by 7.9 percentage points on 2018 thanks to the convenience this service offers.
- After friends, sports personalities are the biggest source of fashion inspiration for menswear shoppers, influencing purchases among 28.1%.
Reasons to buy
- Learn how the menswear market is expected to perform out to 2024, allowing you to plan your sales and stock budgets to maximise your potential.
- Understand the differences in how various age groups shop for menswear, including purchase motivators and future growth drivers, to help you target your customers more effectively.
- Use our analysis of how certain retailers are winning market share despite the challenging retail climate, providing you with advice on how to improve sales and acquire new shoppers.
- Utilise our data on what males consider when purchasing clothing for themselves (e.g. comfort, fit, fashion trends), helping you to focus on the most important features within product development.
- Understand how the online and offline channels are forecast to grow over the next five years, in order to prioritise investment.