Smart Home in Europe: Telco State of Play and New Approaches to Service Monetization", a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the smart home market in Europe. It delivers deep qualitative insights into the smart home market and smart home ecosystem dynamics in the region. It also analyzes key new monetization approaches being implemented in Europe.
Over the past few years, a number of European telecom operators have been active in the smart home space, launching and expanding their smart home portfolios. This report analyzes recent telco smart home developments, portfolios, and proposition details in the region.
The report provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Introduction: an overview of the smart home ecosystem and segmentation of smart home solutions in Europe.
- Smart Home State of Play in Europe: an analysis of recent telco smart home developments, portfolios and proposition details in the region.
- New Approaches to Service Monetization: this section offers selected European telco case studies, detailing their smart home value propositions and monetization approaches.
- Key findings and recommendations: the report concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for telcos on how to approach the smart home market and evolve their current strategies in order to benefit from the smart home opportunity.
- Telcos tend to leverage partnerships in order to expand their smart home portfolios.
- Telecom operators in Europe are increasingly focusing on smart speakers with voice assistants at the center of the smart home value proposition.
- A number of telcos are bundling smart home solutions with existing telecom services like fixed broadband and postpaid mobile plans as well as convergence packages.
- Telcos are pursuing several monetization approaches for smart home services.
Reasons to Buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination of the telco smart home ecosystem as well as the categorization of smart home solutions in Europe. It helps executives understand smart home market dynamics, determine the state of play, formulate effective product development plans and optimize return on investment.
- The report examines three telco smart home service case studies, providing insights around go-to-market strategies, positioning, and monetization approaches (direct and indirect monetization). This will help telecom executives craft smart home strategies in their pursuit of additional revenue, lower churn and improved customer experience.
- The report discusses concrete opportunities in the smart home market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for smart home market participants, specifically telecom service providers.