GlobalData is carrying out weekly consumer surveys in 11 countries between 25th March and 31st May 2020, to track consumer sentiment and shopping behavior during the Coronavirus (COVID19) pandemic. The sample size is 500 respondents per country, per week. The two countries in scope for the Americas are Brazil and the USA. Questions are consistent every week, and cover consumer opinions about COVID-19, buying behavior and product choices and impact of the Coronavirus (COVID19) outbreak on consumers' lifestyle and activities. This report summarizes the key findings from responses in week 10.
- There has been a decrease in concern about coronavirus in Brazil, following a 6% increase in the previous week. Concern in Brazil has been erratic which may reflect the feeling of uncertainty in the country. President Bolsonaro has been outspoken about COVID-19 and given advice that has opposed international sentiment. This could be a significant factor in the ongoing fluctuation in concern. The US has seen an increase of 2%. The fact US concern has remained steady over the past four weeks suggests feelings will gradually decline over an extended period. Meanwhile, Brazilian concern has been more erratic and may begin to steady in the coming weeks.
- According to GlobalData's COVID-19 Consumer Survey, 49% of Gen-Y Brazilians have been spending more time reading online reviews and blogs about products and trends. Meanwhile, 39% of baby boomers are spending more time reading online reviews and blogs.
- According to the GlobalData survey, entertainment outlets have been the hardest hit sector. In Brazil, 72% of respondents have stopped going to entertainment outlets. Meanwhile, in the US 49% of respondents have stopped going to entertainment outlets. These large numbers could have a devastating impact on the economy of entertainment outlets in Brazil and the US.
- This report provides an insight into how the coronavirus pandemic is shaping consumer sentiment in Brazil and the USA.
- It summarizes key findings from the survey 's responses and offers insight into how destinations and industry players can adapt to meet changing demands and needs.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain access to primary survey data results.
- Understand how the coronavirus pandemic is changing consumer attitudes.
- Assess how you can adapt your business plans and strategies to better meet these changing needs.