GlobalData's Tourism Source Market Insight - France 2020 report provides a thorough insight into France's domestic and outbound tourism market. The report looks at the profiles of French tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the French outbound travel market.
- The top 10 most popular departures for French tourists experienced a dramatic change from 2019 to 2020 due to COVID-19. This is due to the travel restrictions and lockdowns that were implemented, upending travel.
- Post COVID-19 the destinations are forecast to change. In 2019, Spain saw 11.7 million French tourists, whereas in 2020 Spain GlobalData predicts that it will see 6.3 million French tourists.
- The French domestic tourism market dominates tourism compared to outbound. Domestic expenditure is a lot higher than outbound with $102.6bn.
- Generation Y make up the largest number of travelers despite making up only 12.4% of the total population. GlobalData forecasts generation Y to continue making up the largest amount of travelers with a CAGR of 4% (2019-2024).
- This report is part of GlobalData's Source Market Insights Series. This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the French outbound travel market.
Reasons to Buy
- This report provides clear insight into developments in France's domestic and outbound tourism markets.
- The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
- The report explores the different profiles of French tourists and the reasons that they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
- The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the country, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions