The Chilean soup sector was led by the dried soups (mixes) category in both the value and volume terms in 2019, while frozen soup category is forecast to register fastest value growth during 2019-2024. Convenience stores was the leading channel for distribution of soups in the country. Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the Chilean soups sector. Kids & babies (0-15 years) accounted for the highest consumption of soup products in the country. Nestle SA, Good Food Sa, and Unilever are the leading players in the industry.
This report on the Soups sector in Chile provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and companies market shares.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2024
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for ambient soup, chilled soup, dried soup (mixes), frozen soup and UHT soup with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2019-2024
- Leading players: Market share of compaines (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2019
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries & warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, e-retailers, "dollar stores", variety stores & general merchandise retailers other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and rigid metal; pack type for: jar, bag/sachet, tub, stand up pouch, carton - folding, can, bottle, carton - liquid and other pack type, closure type for: screw top, prize off, twist off, lever closure, foil, film and other closure types, primary outer types for: carton - folding, sleeve and shrink wrap.
- Both per capita consumption and per capita expenditure of soups was higher in Chile than in the regional level in 2019
- In Chile, the per capita consumption of dried soup (mixes) was higher than other soup categories in 2019
- Convenience stores is the leading distribution channel in the Chilean soups sector
- Flexible packaging is the commonly used pack material in the Italian soups sector in 2019
Reasons to Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.