GlobalData's Country Profile report on the meat sector in Malaysia provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and companies market shares.
The Malaysian meat sector is led by the fresh meat (counter) category in the value terms, while the ambient meat is expected to register the fastest value growth during 2019-2024. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for the distribution of meat in the country. Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the Malaysian meat sector. Ramly Food Processing Sdn. Bhd., Dindings Poultry, and Hormel Foods Corporation are the leading players in the country.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2024
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for ambient meat, chilled raw packaged meat - processed, chilled raw packaged meat - whole cuts, cooked meats - counter, cooked meats - packaged, fresh meat (counter) and frozen meat with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2019-2024
- Leading players: Market share of companies (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2019
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, e-retailers, cash & carries & warehouse clubs, "dollar stores", variety stores & general merchandise retailers, department stores, direct sellers and other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. pack material data for glass, flexible packaging
- Both per capita consumption and per capita expenditure of meat was higher in Malaysia than regional levels in 2019
- Per capita consumption of fresh meat (counter) was highest compared to the other categories in Malaysian meat sector in 2019
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Malaysian meat sector
- Private labels are growing at a higher CAGR than brands in the Malaysian meat sector
- Flexible packaging is the commonly used pack material in the Malaysian meat sector
Reasons to Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labour market and demographic trends.