The Danish wine sector was led by still wine in both value and volume terms. However, the sparkling wine category is forecast to register fastest value growth, while still wine is forecast to be the fastest growing category in volume terms during 2020-2025. Food & drinks specialists is the leading channel for distribution of wine in the country. Glass was the most commonly used pack material in Denmark. Accolade Wines, Distell Group, Paul Fir and Altia Corporation are the leading players in the Danish wine sector.
GlobalData's Country Profile report on the wine sector in Denmark provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and companies market shares.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2015-2025
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for fortified wine, sparkling wine and still wine with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2020-2025
- Leading players: Market share of compaines (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2020
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries & warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, e-retailers, "dollar stores", variety stores & general merchandise retailers other general retailers
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and rigid metal; pack type for: jar, bag/sachet, tub, speciality container, stand up pouch, carton - folding, can, pod and other pack type, closure type for: flip/snap top, screw top, prize off, twist off, plastic tie and other closure types, primary outer types for: carton - folding, bag, sleeve and shrink wrap.
- The per capita consumption and expenditure of wine in Denmark was higher than the global and regional levels in 2020 2.
- The Danish wine sector is expected to grow from Kr12.8 billion (US$1,976.2 million) in 2020 to Kr15.1 billion (US$2,478.2 million) by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 3.3%
- Food & drinks specialist was the largest distribution channel in the Danish wine sector.
Reasons to Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.