GlobalData's Tourism Source Market Insight - United States (2020) report provides a thorough insight into the United States' domestic and outbound tourism market. The report looks at the profiles of US tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the US outbound travel market.
- The main purpose of a holiday by US citizens is VFR, closely followed by Sun & Beach and Adventure / Sport.
- The majority of trips made by US travelers were domestic (x%), rather than international (x%).
- For destinations to attract US travelers, they must adhere to new traveler priorities created in the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The US border with Mexico is the most frequently crossed border in the world, with thousands crossing it every day.
- This report is part of GlobalData's Source Market Insights Series.
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the US outbound travel market.
Reasons to Buy
- This report provides clear insight into developments in the United States' domestic and outbound tourism markets.
- The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
- The report explores the different profiles of US tourists and the reasons that they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
- The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the country, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions