GlobalData's Tourism Source Market Insight - Scandinavia (2020) report provides a thorough insight into Scandinavia's domestic and outbound tourism market. The report looks at the profiles of Scandinavian tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Scandinavian outbound travel market.
- 56 million outbound departures were recorded from Scandinavia in 2019, with a YOY growth of x%. This is predominantly led by the leisure market, which accounted for x% of trips in 2019.
- Domestic tourism across Scandinavia is almost double that of international with 94.2 million domestic trips having taken place in 2019.
- Swedes are the most active outbound travelers across Scandinavia with 19.9 million international departures in 2019.
- COVID-19 has drastically affected both domestic and international departures from the Scandinavian region and for the remainder of 2020 travel demand will remain lower than usual.
- This report is part of GlobalData's Source Market Insights Series. This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Scandinavian outbound travel market.
Reasons to Buy
- This report provides clear insight into developments in Scandinavia's domestic and outbound tourism markets.
- The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
- The report explores the different profiles of Scandinavian tourists and the reasons that they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
- The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the country, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions