In this report, we identify the top 30 themes that will impact the technology, media, and telecoms (TMT) sector in 2021. For each theme, we offer a series of predictions, identify winners and losers, and point you to further reading.
This TMT Predictions 2021 report identifies the top 30 themes that will impact the TMT sector in 2021. For each theme, we offer a series of predictions, identify winners and losers, and point you to further reading.
- We classify our top 30 themes for 2021 into three groupings. The major technology themes impacting the TMT sector in 2021 will be: artificial intelligence (AI), cybersecurity, quantum computing, cloud computing, edge computing, 5G, Industry 4.0, consumer Internet of Things (consumer IoT), cloud gaming, esports, video streaming, software defined everything (SDE), fintech, ecommerce, augmented reality (AR), electric vehicles, autonomous vehicles, blockchain, healthtech, and space economy.
- The major macroeconomic themes impacting the TMT sector in 2021 will be: COVID-19, sustainability, the future of work, geopolitics, social media, M&A, and Generation Hashtag.
- The major regulatory themes impacting the TMT sector in 2021 will be data privacy, antitrust, and misinformation.
Reasons to Buy
- Companies who invest in the right themes become success stories; those who miss the big themes end up as failures. Given that so many themes are disruptive, it is very easy to be blindsided by industry outsiders who invade your sector.
- So, to help our clients gain competitive advantage, we have developed GlobalData's thematic research ecosystem, a single, integrated global research platform that provides an easy-to-use framework for tracking all themes across all companies in all sectors.
- This report is a multi-theme report organized by theme. It covers 30 themes, drawn from technology, macroeconomics, and regulation. It should be read in conjunction with another multi-theme report, Tech, Media, & Telecom Themes 2021, which is organized by sector.