GlobalData's 'Credit Suisse Private Banking - Competitor Profile' provides a comprehensive analysis of Credit Suisse's private banking and wealth management operations. It offers insights into the company's strategy and financial performance, including key data on assets under management. Customer targeting and service propositions are covered, as are product innovation and marketing activities.
Credit Suisse is a global bank headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland. It provides private banking and wealth management, corporate banking, investment banking, and retail banking services to individuals, corporations, and institutions in approximately 50 countries. It offers private banking services through four regional divisions that collectively employed 3,510 relationship managers as of December 2020.
- Credit Suisse provides private banking services through four regionally focused divisions: Swiss Universal Bank, International Wealth Management (IWM), Asset Management, and Asia Pacific (APAC). These divisions are supported by a fifth division called Global Investment Bank, which was formed in August 2020 upon the integration of the existing Global Markets and Investment Banking & Capital Markets divisions. In April 2021, the group separated its asset management business from the IWM division to form a new Asset Management division. This newly formed division provides investment solutions and services across various asset classes to multiple clients such as pension funds, governments, foundations and endowments, corporations, and individuals.
- While Credit Suisse has a global presence, Switzerland remains its key market with 1.5 million private clients. The bank is also focusing on APAC and Europe growth by introducing new office locations, hiring additional relationship managers, and developing digital banking services.
- Credit Suisse has been investing in digital platforms for financial advisors and clients. It is continuously upgrading its digital platforms to enhance the client experience. In 2020, it launched digital banking services CSX and CSX Young and is working on the continuous expansion of services provided by these apps, enabling clients to access banking and personal advisory services through a single digital interface.
- Amid the global pandemic, Credit Suisse's operating revenues declined by 15.5% to $5,221m in Q4 2020 as compared to Q4 2019. However, with the slowing infection rate and the improving global economic environment at the onset of 2021, the revenues increased by a notable 45% in Q1 2021 as compared to Q4 2020.
Reasons to Buy
- Examine the financial performance, key ratios, and AUM growth of Credit Suisse and its Private Banking division and benchmark this competitor against other global wealth managers.
- Understand Credit Suisse Private Banking's current strategic objectives and their impact on its financial performance.
- Discover Credit Suisse Private Banking's key products and client targeting strategies and examine whether these have been successful.
- Learn more about Credit Suisse Private Banking's marketing strategy, social media presence, and digital innovations.