Overall, the European gastrointestinal endoscopic devices market was valued at nearly €1.5 billion in 2021. Over the forecasted period, this is expected to increase at a CAGR of 6.1% to reach just under €2.3 billion.
The saturated nature of the European market for GI endoscopic devices will to a certain degree limit growth over the forecast period. Due to the high associated costs, Reimbursement will continue to remain low for GI endoscopy procedures in many European countries. Competitive price pressure and stagnant unit growth in some segments will also limit the overall market value going forward.
MARKET REPORT DATA TYPES INCLUDED:
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- Market Drivers & Limiters
- Market Forecasts Until 2028, and Historical Data to 2018
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Company Profiles and Product Portfolios
Throughout this study on Europe's Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Device Market, iData Research has performed an analysis on fecal immunochemical test for DNA (FIT-DNA), gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy, capsule endoscopy, stenting, dilation, tissue biopsy, polypectomy snare, hemostasis, enteral feeding tube placement and anti-reflux device implantation procedures to increase the accuracy of our market sizing and provide you with the volume of procedures over a 10-year period.
EUROPE'S GASTROINTESTINAL ENDOSCOPIC DEVICE MARKET INSIGHTS
Europe GI market
In 2021, the largest segment of the total GI endoscopic device market was the GI endoscope market, which accounted for a very substantial share of the total market value. The majority of total GI endoscopes unit sales consisted of colonoscopes. Although prices are anticipated to remain stable throughout Europe, users converting to new, premium-priced products will apply slight upward pressure over the forecast period.
MAJOR SEGMENTS COVERED IN THE GASTROINTESTINAL ENDOSCOPIC DEVICES MARKET
While this report suite contains all applicable market data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the specific market segment research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Procedure Numbers for Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Devices Market - MedPro - Using a number of databases, internal and external, we're able to provide you with the total volume of gastrointestinal endoscopic procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned in this suite of reports.
- FIT-DNA Test Market - MedCore - The fecal immunochemical test for DNA (FIT-DNA) is a newly developed screening test that can be used to find polyps or colorectal cancer.
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopes Market - MedCore - The gastrointestinal (GI) endoscope market includes reusable colonoscopes, reusable duodenoscopes, single-use duodenoscopes, reusable enteroscopes, reusable ultrasound endoscopes, and reusable gastroscopes.
- Capsule Endoscopy Market - MedCore - This report includes an introduction, market analysis and forecast, drivers and limiters, and a competitive share analysis for the entirety of the capsule endoscopy market.
- Stenting and Dilation Devices Market - MedCore - The European stenting and dilation device market includes esophageal stents and dilation balloons, duodenal stents and dilation balloons and colonic stents and dilation balloons.
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography Devices Market - MedCore - The ERCP device market includes sphincterotomes, biliary stone removal balloons, biliary stone removal baskets, biliary dilation balloons, biliary and pancreatic stents, biliary lithotripters, ERCP guidewires and ERCP cannulas.
- Biopsy Forceps, Polypectomy Snares and EUS Needles Market - MedCore - This analysis includes biopsy forceps, polypectomy snares and EUS needles.
- Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection Knife Market - MedCore - This report includes an introduction, market analysis and forecast, drivers and limiters, and a competitive share analysis for the entirety of the capsule endoscopy market.
- Hemostasis Devices Market - MedCore - The hemostasis device market includes hemostasis probes, ligation devices and sclerotherapy needles.
- Enteral Feeding Devices Market - MedCore - The enteral feeding tube market includes percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG), nasogastric (NG) and nasojejunal (NJ) tubes.
- Anti-reflux Device Market - MedCore - This report includes an introduction, market analysis and forecast, drivers and limiters, and a competitive share analysis for the entirety of the capsule endoscopy market.
MARKET SHARE INSIGHTS
The European gastrointestinal endoscopic device market was controlled by Olympus, Boston Scientific, and Cook Medical. Olympus held the greatest share of both the gastrointestinal (GI) endoscope market and endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) knife market, as well as competitive shares of the capsule endoscopy, ERCP, biopsy forceps, polypectomy snares and EUS needles and hemostasis markets.
RESEARCH SCOPE SUMMARY
- Report Attribute: Details
- Region: Europe
- Base Year: 2021
- Forecast: 2022-2028
- Historical Data: 2018-2021
- Quantitative Coverage: Procedure Numbers, Market Size, Market Shares, Market Forecasts, Market Growth Rates, Units Sold, and Average Selling Prices.
- Qualitative Coverage: COVID-19 Impact, Market Growth Trends, Market Limiters, Competitive Analysis & SWOT for Top Competitors, Mergers & Acquisitions, Company Profiles, Product Portfolios, Disease Overviews.
- Data Sources: Primary Interviews with Industry Leaders, Government Physician Data, Regulatory Data, Hospital Private Data, Import & Export Data, iData Research Internal Database.
WHY CHOOSE iDATA?
- Experts Only - iData has been around for over 16 years and is the trusted source of intelligent, data-driven insights by key industry players. We are comprised of specialists with a sole focus on medical and dental devices. Our research and consulting focus never strays from the medical device industry and, because of this, we know the industry like the back of our hands.
- Attention to Details - It's our attention to the small stuff, scheduling of timelines and keen project management that makes us stand out from the rest. We are creative, and our reports include metrics such as procedure numbers, ASPs, and SKU-level insights that are not found elsewhere.
- Pricing - Our prices are competitive and fair. We strive for success and want our clients to as well, with the level of detail our reports achieve along with the extensive segmentation, no other reports compare at our price point.
- Work with us, and you'll work with seasoned professionals - vigilant of deadlines, and committed to providing the most up-to-date, accurate medical device market research.