In 2021, the U.S. wound and tissue management market size was valued at $10.7 billion. The total market size is anticipated to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.6% to exceed $13.8 billion by 2028.
The full report suite on the U.S. market for wound and tissue management includes wound closure devices, traditional, moist, antimicrobial and interactive wound dressings, non-adherent contact layers, surgical hemostats, tissue sealants, anti-adhesion, negative pressure wound therapy and static and dynamic compression therapy.
MARKET REPORT DATA TYPES INCLUDED:
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2028, and Historical Data to 2018
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
U.S. WOUND AND TISSUE MANAGEMENT MARKET TRENDS
There are many factors supporting the growth of the U.S. wound and tissue management market. A primary growth factor is the demographic structure of the population. As of 2021, 16.9% of the population is aged 65 or older. This figure is expected to reach approximately 20% by 2028. It is estimated that 3-6% of this population will suffer from venous leg ulcers. Treatment costs for these individuals will further contribute to an already significant healthcare market in the United States.
U.S. WOUND AND TISSUE MANAGEMENT MARKET SHARE INSIGHTS
Overall, within the U.S. wound and tissue management market there are three main competitors: Ethicon, 3M and Medtronic. In 2021, the leading competitor in the wound and tissue management market was Ethicon. Ethicon has a wide range of products priced generally on the higher end of the market. However, the company's portfolio offers a competitive advantage because it can bundle its well-known brand names with discounts.
MARKET SEGMENTATION SUMMARY
While this report suite contains all U.S. wound and tissue management device data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the wound and tissue management market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- U.S. Market Report for Wound Closure - MedCore - This market includes sutures, staplers, ligating clip appliers, skin closure strips, mesh and cyanoacrylate-based skin closure systems, zip surgical skin closure systems and cyanoacrylate-based tissue adhesives.
- U.S. Market Report for Traditional Wound Dressings - MedCore - The U.S. traditional dressing market includes gauze, tapes, bandages (excluding compression bandages) and cotton products.
- U.S. Market Report for Advanced Wound Dressings - MedCore - The market includes moist dressings, antimicrobial dressings, interactive dressings and non-adherent contact layers.
- U.S. Market Report for Moist Dressings - MedCore - The market is segmented into foam, transparent film, hydrocolloid, alginate, gelling fiber and hydrogel dressings.
- U.S. Market Report for Antimicrobial Dressings - MedCore - This market includes silver and non-silver dressings with antimicrobial properties, with the silver dressing market accounting for almost two thirds of the market.
- U.S. Market Report for Interactive Dressings - MedCore - This market includes biomaterials (collagen and combinations based on collagen as a carrier, except silver) and skin substitutes.
- U.S. Market Report for Non-Adherent Contact Layers - MedCore - Contact layers are designed for a variety of wounds including skin tears and abrasions, surgical incisions, second degree burns, blisters, grafts, diabetic ulcers and venous leg ulcers
- U.S. Market Report for Surgical Hemostats - MedCore - This market includes both passive and active hemostats. Active hemostats include thrombin-based, combination and polysaccharide-based hemostats, while passive hemostats comprise oxidized regenerated cellulose (ORC), gelatin-based, collagen-based and first responder hemostats.
- U.S. Market Report for Tissue Sealants - MedCore - The market is segmented into fibrin-based, protein-based and synthetic tissue sealants, with fibrin and synthetic tissue sealants being the most prevalent.
- U.S. Market Report for Anti-Adhesion - MedCore - This market includes anti-adhesion dressings used for gynecological, abdominal and other procedures.
- U.S. Market Report for Negative Pressure Wound Therapy - MedCore - This market contains markets for Single-Use Pumps, Conventional NPWT Pump Rentals, Canisters and NPWT Dressings.
- U.S. Market Report for Static Compression Therapy - MedCore - The U.S. market for static compression therapy includes graduated compression stockings, anti-embolism stockings, compression bandages and Unna boots.
- U.S. Market Report for Dynamic Compression Therapy - MedCore - The market is segmented into dynamic DVT prevention sleeves, mobile DVT prevention and pneumatic compression.
RESEARCH SCOPE SUMMARY
- Regions - United States
- Base Year - 2021
- Forecast - 2022-2028
- Historical Data - 2018-2021
- Quantitative Coverage - Market Size, Market Shares, Market Forecasts, Market Growth Rates, Units Sold, and Average Selling Prices.
- Qualitative Coverage - Market Size, Market Shares, Market Forecasts, Market Growth Rates, Units Sold, and Average Selling Prices.
- Data Sources - Primary Interviews with Industry Leaders, Government Physician Data, Regulatory Data, Hospital Private Data, Import & Export Data, iData Research Internal Database. WHY CHOOSE iDATA?
- Experts Only - iData has been around for over 16 years and is the trusted source of intelligent, data-driven insights by key industry players. We are comprised of specialists with a sole focus on medical and dental devices. Our research and consulting focus never strays from the medical device industry and, because of this, we know the industry like the back of our hands.
- Attention to Details - It's our attention to the small stuff, scheduling of timelines and keen project management that makes us stand out from the rest. We are creative, and our reports include metrics such as procedure numbers, ASPs, and SKU-level insights that are not found elsewhere.
- Pricing - Our prices are competitive and fair. We strive for success and want our clients to as well, with the level of detail our reports achieve along with the extensive segmentation, no other reports compare at our price point.
- Work with us, and you'll work with seasoned professionals - vigilant of deadlines, and committed to providing the most up-to-date, accurate medical device market research.