The Kuwait perfume market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.7% during forecast period (2021-2026). Perfumes are a combination of essential oils and fragrances that provide a pleasant smell. Some of the common ingredients used in the formulation of perfumes include woods, grasses, resins, roots, gums, spices, flowers, fruits, leaves, balsams and animal secretions. Fragrances have become an integral part of personal grooming as they help in enhancing the mood, reducing stress, and boosting confidence. Apart from grooming, perfumes made from synthetic ingredients are used in household products, including air fresheners, softeners in laundry detergents, floor cleaning products and furniture polish. In Kuwait, perfumes have been in use since ancient times and play a significant role in the daily lives of individuals. Owing to this, there are several forms of fragrances currently available in the country which have different fragrances formulas and textures.
- Over the past few years, Kuwait's personal care industry has witnessed strong growth on account of higher acceptance for, and willingness of consumers to invest in, grooming products, like fragrances, and skincare and spa treatments. Besides this, the rising penetration of the internet, coupled with the boom in the e-commerce sector, has enabled consumers to purchase international brands and premium-category perfumes from the convenience of their homes and workplaces. Other than this, the significant shift toward environment-friendly products has recently extended to fragrances. This shift has led perfumers in Kuwait to start making compositions with orange and grapefruit as well as using natural sources for fragrances, such as lavender, jasmine and rose essences. Moreover, the improving economic scenario of the country has led to a rise in the disposable incomes of consumers while expanding their purchasing power to afford luxury perfume brands. Additionally, manufacturers are consistently investing in R&D to introduce innovative packaging, prices and fragrances.
Breakup by Premium and Mass Products:
- Premium Products
- Mass Products
- Currently, premium products are most preferred by consumers as they have high disposable incomes, which lead to high purchasing power.
Breakup by Gender:
- Male perfumes are most popular in the country on account of changing grooming patterns amongst the male demographic.
Breakup by Perfume Type:
- Arabic perfumes represent the most popular fragrances type as they are a big part of the local culture.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with details about key manufacturers operating in the industry.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Kuwait perfume market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID 19 on the Kuwait perfume market?
- What are the key gender segments in the market?
- Which are the popular types of perfumes in the market?
- What is the share of mass and premium products in the market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the market?
- What is the structure of the market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the market?
- How is perfume manufactured?