The global pet wearable market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to grow at a CAGR of around 13% during 2021-2026. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use sectors. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Pet wearables are devices that pet parents use to monitor the physiological and biomechanical activities of their pets. These wearables are manufactured using advanced technologies, such as radio-frequency identification (RFID), internet of things (IoT), global positioning system (GPS) trackers, Bluetooth sensors, cameras, transmitters and antennas, to ensure the safety of the pets. They record health metrics, such as pulse, respiration, body temperature, calories burnt, rest patterns, food intake and heart rate variability (HRV), which can assist a doctor in providing adequate treatment to the pets.
Global Pet Wearable Market Trends and Drivers:
- The growing trend of pet humanization, along with the increasing concerns among pet parents about the well-being of their pets, represents one of the key factors influencing the demand for pet wearables positively. Apart from this, owing to the rising cases of lost and stolen pets, pet owners are increasingly spending on pet wearables to identify their real-time location. Furthermore, leading players are offering Wi-Fi-enabled RFID devices to provide controlled monitoring of pets remotely. They are also incorporating cloud-based and data analytics services that allow pet owners to store medical records on the cloud and set goals or reminders. Besides this, they are collaborating and forming alliances with other organizations to introduce innovative products. For instance, FitBark Inc., a US-based consumer electronics firm, partnered with FitBit Inc., a renowned manufacturer of human health and fitness devices, to monitor daily activities of dogs and their owners simultaneously, such as the distance covered and calories burned during a walk.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global pet wearable market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on product, technology, application, end-user, distribution channel and region.
Breakup by Product:
- Smart Collar
- Smart Vest
- Smart Harness
- Smart Camera
Breakup by Technology:
Breakup by Application:
- Identification and Tracking
- Monitoring and Control
- Medical Diagnosis and Treatment
- Facilitation, Safety and Security
Breakup by End-User:
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Modern Trade
- Franchised Outlets
- Specialty Stores
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being Cybortra Technology Co. Ltd., Dogtra, FitBark Inc., Garmin Ltd., High Tech Pet Products Inc., Invisible Fence Inc. (Radio Systems Corporation), Loc8tor Ltd., Motorola (Lenovo), Petcube, PetPace Ltd., Tractive, Whistle Labs Inc. (Mars Inc.), etc.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global pet wearable market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global pet wearable market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end-user?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global pet wearable market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?