The global textile chemicals market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to grow at a CAGR of around 5% during 2021-2026. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Textile chemicals are heterogeneous compounds used during the process of manufacturing clothes. They are usually added in the pre-treatment of textiles, which includes de-sizing, scouring, bleaching, and mercerizing, dyeing, printing, and finishing the overall process. They provide color, softness, sweat absorbency, desired texture, and finish to fabrics. They also offer flame, crease, wrinkle, and stain resistance, and antimicrobial and water-repellant properties to the final product. Some of the commonly used textile chemicals include biocides, flame retardants, and warp sizes, bleaches or mixtures, emulsified oils and greases, starch, sulfonated oils, waxes, and surfactants.
Textile Chemicals Market Trends:
- Due to the continuously growing global population and the escalating demand for apparel with diverse textures and designs, there is a significant expansion in the apparel industry across the globe. This represents one of the key factors bolstering the growth of the market. Apart from this, the increasing digitization and the strong influence of social media are positively influencing the sales of garments worldwide. Moreover, a considerable shift in consumer inclination towards foreign textile brands is contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, leading market players are utilizing green or bio-based chemicals that are prepared from renewable or readily available resources. These green chemicals are non-flammable and biodegradable, and have low toxicity and a low tendency to undergo bioaccumulation in the environment as compared to their counterparts. As the textile industry is one of the most chemically intensive industries around the world, the increasing adoption of green chemicals is offering lucrative growth opportunities to market players. Besides this, a rapid increase in the demand for textile chemicals for the manufacturing of automobile fabrics, such as headliners, seat belts, and seat fabric, is acting as another growth-inducing factor.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global textile chemicals market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on fiber type, product type, and application.
Breakup by Fiber Type:
- Natural Fiber
- Synthetic Fiber
Breakup by Product Type:
- Coating and Sizing Chemicals
- Finishing Agents
- Colorants and Auxiliaries
- Desizing Agents
Breakup by Application:
- Home Furnishing
- Industrial Textile
- Automotive Textile
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Archroma, BASF SE, CHT Group, Dow Inc., Evonik Industries AG, Huntsman Corporation, Kiri Industries Limited, OMNOVA Solutions Inc. (Synthomer plc), Solvay S.A., Tanatex Chemicals BV (Zhejiang Transfar Co. Ltd.), The Lubrizol Corporation (Berkshire Hathaway Inc.) and Wacker Chemie AG. Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global textile chemicals market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global textile chemicals market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the fiber type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global textile chemicals market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?