The global oscilloscope market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to grow at a CAGR of around 5% during 2021-2026. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Oscilloscopes are electronic test instruments that graphically display varying signal voltages and monitor their change over time with sensors. They are used to design, manufacture, and repair electronic equipment. They are also utilized for advanced analysis, digital debugging of intermittent signals, communication mask testing, and repetitive digital design and timing applications. Their digital variants with modern liquid crystal display (LCD) are nowadays widely available, which enable detailed signal measurement, fast calculations, data storage, and automated analysis. At present, manufacturers are developing handheld instruments that are battery-powered, rely on electrically isolated floating inputs and offer the advantage of embedded features.
Oscilloscope Market Trends:
- Healthcare professionals use oscilloscopes for diagnostic approaches, such as monitoring the patients' heartbeat and brain waves. This, in confluence with the rising prevalence of acute and chronic disorders and improving diagnostic modalities, represents one of the key factors contributing to market growth. Apart from this, the growing emphasis on driver safety and the increasing preference for a comfortable and safe riding experience are positively influencing the adoption of connected motorcycles for advanced assistance features. This, in turn, is increasing the utilization of oscilloscopes in the automotive industry as they help troubleshoot inconsistencies and potential problems in the communication data stream, ignition system, solenoids, sensors, and actuators. Moreover, rising cybersecurity concerns are expanding the application of oscilloscopes in the aerospace and defense industries to achieve fast and accurate measurements. They can also perform regular and consistent validation and determine whether a malfunctioning instrument is distorting a vital signal. Furthermore, the escalating demand for consumer electronics is also contributing to their overall sales to measure waveforms in devices like computers, radio, and television.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global oscilloscope market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on type, bandwidth, probe type and end user.
Breakup by Type:
Breakup by Bandwidth:
- Less than 1Gz
- 1.1Gz to 8Gz
- 8.1Gz to 32Gz
Breakup by Probe Type:
- Active Oscilloscope Probe
- Passive Oscilloscope Probe
- Current Probes
Breakup by End User:
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace and Defense
- IT and Telecommunication
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being B&K Precision Corporation, Fluke Corporation (Fortive Corporation), Good Will Instrument Co. Ltd., Keysight Technologies, National Instruments Corporation, Pico Technology Limited, Rigol Technologies Co. Ltd., Rohde & Schwarz GmbH & Co KG, Scientech Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Teledyne LeCroy Inc. (Teledyne Technologies Incorporated) and Yokogawa Electric Corporation. Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global oscilloscope market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global oscilloscope market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the bandwidth?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the probe type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global oscilloscope market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?