The global venture capital investment market reached a value of US$ 211.3 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 584.4 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 20.1% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Venture capital investment is a subset of private equity (PE) wherein venture capitalists provide capital to startups for expanding their businesses. These capitalists get ownership stake, become an integral part of the decision-making process in the company, and offer technical and managerial expertise, network access and other support for making the startup business successful. Venture capital investment is gaining popularity as it provides above-average returns to investors and helps in spurring advancements. Countries with favorable regulatory frameworks, as well as industries with a higher level of innovation, have witnessed substantial growth in venture capital investment activities in recent years. Global Venture Capital Investment Market Trends and Drivers:
- At present, the market is experiencing growth on account of the growing number of startups, in confluence with the increasing investments from mutual funds and banking institutions in venture capital. Apart from this, the expanding investment activities in diverse industry verticals, such as healthcare, biotechnology, agriculture, and media and entertainment, are also strengthening market growth. Furthermore, venture capitalists are utilizing algorithms and machine learning (MI) for identifying startups with a higher growth potential to make better investment decisions. However, the market growth is significantly impacted by the global spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and consequent lockdowns imposed by governments of a number of countries. Therefore, various organizations and their operational activities have come to a sudden halt. In view of this, venture capitalists are modifying their plans to survive the rapidly changing market conditions. The industry is anticipated to grow again once normalcy is regained.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global venture capital investment market, along with forecasts at the global and regional level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on sector, fund size and funding type.
Breakup by Sector:
- Pharma and Biotech
- Media and Entertainment
- Medical Devices and Equipment
- Medical Services and Systems
- IT Hardware
- IT Services and Telecommunication
- Consumer Goods and Recreation
- Breakup by Fund Size: Under $50 M
- $50 M to $100 M
- $100 M to $250 M
- $250 M to $500 M
- $500 M to $1 B
- Above $1 B
Breakup by Funding Type:
- First-Time Venture Funding
- Follow-on Venture Funding
Breakup by Region:
- North America
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Benchmark, Bessemer Venture Partners, First Round Capital LLC, Founders Fund LLC, Ggv Management L.L.C., Index Ventures, Sequoia Capital Operations LLC and Union Square Ventures LLC. Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global venture capital investment market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global venture capital investment market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the sector?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the fund size?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the funding type?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global venture capital investment market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?