The global green data center market reached a value of US$ 59.32 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 200.84 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 22.9% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
A green data center refers to an environment-friendly facility that accommodates computers and servers for storage, management and distribution of data. It primarily operates on solar, wind or hydropower, and the components are designed for maximum energy efficiency and minimal carbon footprint. Some of the typically used components include energy-conserving power supply, centralized humidification, efficient servers, routers, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and light-emitting diode (LED) systems. In comparison to the traditionally used data centers, these systems aid in segregating workload, provide centralized control and ease of data migration, are more resilient and offer next-generation storage experience to the user.
Green Data Center Market Trends:
- The market is primarily being driven by the growing requirement for energy-efficient computing systems, which is further facilitated by increasing digitization across industries. Moreover, rising environmental consciousness and the widespread adoption of data centers to store and manage the constantly increasing amounts of data, are driving the market growth. Green data centers are usually designed with on-site wind and solar farms that are constructed on the terrace of the building or facility. They also use the wastewater by recycling it for cooling purposes. Additionally, various product innovations, such as the utilization of low-emission building materials, paints, carpets, waste recycling systems and sustainable landscaping, for the construction of these data centers, are acting as other growth-inducing factors. Manufacturers are also using alternative technologies, such as evaporative cooling, heat pumps, photovoltaic cells and catalytic converters, for producing energy-efficient systems. This, along with significant growth in the information technology (IT) infrastructure, represents some of the other factors driving the market further.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global green data center market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on component, data center type and industry vertical.
Breakup by Component:
- Power Systems
- Monitoring and Management Systems
- Networking Systems
- Cooling Systems
- System Integration Services
- Maintenance and Support Services
- Training and Consulting Services
Breakup by Data Center Type:
- Colocation Data Centers
- Managed Service Data Centers
- Cloud Service Data Centers
- Enterprise Data Centers
Breakup by Industry Vertical:
- Telecom and IT
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being Cisco Technology Inc., Dell EMC Inc., Eaton Corporation, Ericsson Inc., Fujitsu Limited (Furukawa Group), HCL Technologies Limited, Hitachi Ltd, HP Inc., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., IBM, Microsoft Corporation, Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG and Vertiv Co. Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global green data center market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global green data center market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the component?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the data center type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the industry vertical?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global green data center market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?