The global personal mobility devices market reached a value of US$ 11.5 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 16.9 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.57% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use sectors. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Personal mobility devices (PMDs) are compact, motorized vehicles used by non-ambulatory persons for individual transport. They comprise different devices, such as canes, walkers, rolling walkers with seats, triangular walkers, forearm crutches, roll-abouts, and ankle-foot orthotics. They are easy to operate, cost-effective, improve accessibility, prevent injuries, help individuals move independently and freely, and minimize pain. At present, various travel and tourism places are offering PMDs rental services at affordable prices.
Personal Mobility Devices Market Trends:
- The increasing number of individuals with chronic medical conditions like orthopedic and neurological disorders represents one of the major factors positively influencing the demand for PMDs around the world. It can also be attributed to the rising aging population, which is more prone to these ailments. In addition, the expanding number of serious road accidents leading to severe injuries is catalyzing the demand for PMDs worldwide. Apart from this, the growing utilization of PMDs by individuals with physical disabilities in commercial areas, such as shopping malls, restaurants, airports, and train stations, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Furthermore, the easy availability of favorable reimbursement policies for purchased and rented PMDs is propelling the market growth. Besides this, key players are introducing smart PMDs integrated with the internet of things (IoT) technology for allowing the transfer of data in real-time to smartphones for constant monitoring. Moreover, the increasing public awareness about the benefits of utilizing PMDs and extensive research and development (R&D) activities by key players on developing more comfortable and innovative products are anticipated to offer lucrative growth opportunities to industry investors.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global personal mobility devices market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on product and end use.
Breakup by Product:
- Walking Aids
Breakup by End Use:
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Home Care Settings
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Arjo, Carex Health Brands Inc. (Compass Health Brands Corp.), Drive Medical Inc, GF Health Products Inc., Invacare Corporation, Kaye Products Inc., Medline Industries Inc., Performance Health Supply Inc. (Patterson Medical), Pride Mobility Products Corp., Rollz International, Stryker Corporation and Sunrise Medical (US) LLC.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global personal mobility devices market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global personal mobility devices market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end use?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global personal mobility devices market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?