The global 3D cell culture market reached a value of US$ 1,746 Million in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 4,123 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 15.28% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use sectors. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
3D cell culture refers to an in-vitro technique used for developing biological cells in a three-dimensional artificial environment. The cell cultures replicate the structure of complex cellular matrices and mimic tissue and organ-specific microarchitectures. They are further observed to gain insights regarding the interaction of cells with the natural environment during radiotherapy, chemotherapy and antibody-based immunotherapy. 3D cell cultures are commonly used in magnetic, bio-printed, scaffold-based and scaffold-free variants. They are widely used for drug screening, development of stem cell therapies and cancer research. In comparison to the traditionally used 2D cell cultures, 3D cell cultures provide an improved simulation of conditions in a living organism and are independent of other cells and tissues.
3D Cell Culture Market Trends:
- The increasing prevalence of chronic medical ailments across the globe is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market. The rising preference for personalized medicines among healthcare providers and patients is also providing a thrust to the market growth. 3D cell cultures are extensively used for the development of cancer treatments, stem cell research, drug discovery, toxicology testing and tissue engineering. Moreover, as the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) continues to spread across the globe, there has been a significant increase in the utilization of scaffold-based 3D cell cultures for the discovery and bio-fabrication of antiviral drugs and novel therapeutics. Additionally, the development of advanced microfluidic-based 3D cell cultures with improved cell viability, morphology, proliferation and differentiation is contributing to the growth of the market. Other factors, including extensive research and development (R&D) activities in the field of biotechnology, along with the increasing requirements for effective alternatives to animal testing, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global 3D cell culture market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on product, application and end user.
Breakup by Product:
- Scaffold-Based Platforms
- Scaffold-Free Platforms
Breakup by Application:
- Cancer Research
- Stem Cell Research
- Drug Discovery
- Regenerative Medicine
Breakup by End User:
- Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Companies
- Contract Research Laboratories
- Academic Institutes
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being 3D Biotek LLC, Advanced Biomatrix Inc., Avantor Inc., CN Bio Innovations Limited, Corning Incorporated, Emulate Inc., InSphero AG, Lonza Group AG, Merck KGaA, Promocell GmbH, Synthecon Inc and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global 3D cell culture market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global 3D cell culture market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global 3D cell culture market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?