The Saudi Arabia pet food market reached a value of US$ 66.1 Million in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 99.6 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 7% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Pet foods are highly nutritious and energy dense food product made specifically to meet the nutritional requirements of pets. Pet foods are formulated using a wide range of ingredients including feed grains, meat, poultry, seafood, etc. A rise in the number of households with pets in Saudi Arabia, due to an increase in the income of the consumers, has significantly contributed in driving the demand for pet food in the country. Moreover, the pet owners have become more aware and informed about their pet's nutrition and health. This has upscaled the demand for pet food in the country.
Saudi Arabia Pet Food Market Drivers/Constraints:
- Rising pet care awareness has resulted in a humanisation trend wherein an increasing number of owners treat their pets as family members. This has led to an increase in the demand for more nutritious pet food made with scientific formulations, thereby augmenting the market growth in the region.
- Since some of the essential nutrients are lost during processing, the manufacturers are developing new and improved pet food variants in order to cater to the needs of all pets, ranging from dogs and cats to birds and reptiles, in turn, propelling the growth of the market.
- Increasing trends in pet humanisation have created a highly competitive pet food market and manufacturers face major challenges from pet owners that are prone to blame pet food manufacturers in case their pets have any type of health issues.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the Saudi Arabia pet food market, along with forecasts for the period 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on pet type, product type, ingredient and distribution channel.
Breakup by Pet Type:
- Dog Food
- Cat Food
- Based on the pet type, the market has been segmented as cats, dogs and others. Currently, cats are the most popular type of pet as they are well suited to the regional climate and are considered to be sacred, cleaner, and cheaper to buy and maintain as compared to other pets.
Breakup by Product Type:
- Dry Food
- Wet and Canned Pet Food
- Snacks and Treats
- On the basis of product type, dry pet food represents the leading segment holding the largest share. Since it is the most convenient type of pet food in terms of storage and feeding, its demand has been witnessing a surge. Other major pet food types include wet and canned, and snacks and treats.
Breakup by Ingredient:
- Animal Derivates
- Plant Derivates
- Cereals Derivative
- Based on the ingredient type, the report finds that animal derivatives dominate the market as they are a rich source of amino acids, proteins, fats, and fat-soluble vitamins and minerals. Animal derivatives are followed by the plant derivatives and cereal derivatives.
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- On the basis of distribution channel, the market has been segregated into supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, online stores and others. Amongst these, convenience stores currently enjoy the leading position in the Saudi Arabia pet food market.
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the Saudi Arabia pet food market. Some of the leading players include:
- Mars Petcare
- Hill's Pet Nutrition
- Del Monte
- This report provides a deep insight into the Saudi Arabia pet food market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the pet food market in any manner.
- Key Questions Answered in This Report
- 1. What was the size of the Saudi Arabia pet food market in 2021?
- 2. What is the expected growth rate of the Saudi Arabia pet food market during 2022-2027?
- 3. What are the key factors driving the Saudi Arabia pet food market?
- 4. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Saudi Arabia pet food market?
- 5. What is the breakup of the Saudi Arabia pet food market based on the pet type?
- 6. What is the breakup of the Saudi Arabia pet food market based on the product type?
- 7. What is the breakup of the Saudi Arabia pet food market based on the ingredient?
- 8. What is the breakup of the Saudi Arabia pet food market based on the distribution channel?
- 9. Who are the key players/companies in the Saudi Arabia pet food market?