The global perimeter intrusion detection systems market size reached US$ 41.7 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 97.3 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 15.9% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
A perimeter intrusion detection system (PIDS) is used to detect, track and monitor an unauthorized physical intruder attempting to breach the privacy of a secured area. It comprises sensors, wires and active infrared or microwave systems that are either fence mounted or buried underground. It also has audio alarm verification that allows operators to act quickly and efficiently. Additionally, it helps in analyzing threats; managing risks; protecting assets, critical infrastructure and borders; and ensuring the safety of personnel. In recent years, a multi-layered approach has gained traction that operates with a combination of ground-based sensors for detecting potential intrusions and video analytics for characterizing intruders. Consequently, PDIS is widely used in military bases, government institutions, critical infrastructure, correctional facilities, petrochemical sites, airports and storage yards across the globe.
Perimeter Intrusion Detection Systems Market Trends:
- Due to a significant rise in terrorism and criminal activities, governments of various countries are strengthening the perimeter security at international borders, military bases, prisons and other sensitive sites. This represents one of the key factors impelling the global PIDS market growth, as it assists in mitigating the risks of security breaches from hostile vehicles and drone attacks. Besides this, its application is increasing in small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to ensure the safety of employees and critical data. Moreover, the high risk of burglaries, thefts and explosions in oil refineries is contributing to the market growth. Apart from this, the incorporation of signal processing, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, data analytics and computing technologies are expanding the utilization of PIDS in various end use industries. Furthermore, leading players are introducing variants that provide a higher probability of detection and low nuisance alarm rates and can adapt to different environments.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global perimeter intrusion detection systems market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on component, deployment type and vertical.
Breakup by Component:
- Sensors and Alarming Systems
- Access Control Systems
- Video Surveillance Systems
- System Integration and Consulting
- Risk Assessment and Analysis
- Managed Services
- Maintenance and Support Services
Breakup by Deployment Type:
- Open Area
- Fence Mounted
Breakup by Vertical:
- Critical Infrastructure
- Military and Defense
- Correctional Facilities
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being Advanced Perimeter Systems Ltd., Anixter International Inc. (WESCO International), Axis Communications AB (Canon Inc.), Cias Elettronica Srl, Detekion Security Systems Inc., Fiber Sensys Inc. (Optex Group), Flir Systems Inc., Honeywell International Inc., Johnson Controls International, Rbtec Inc., Schneider Electric and Senstar Corporation (Magal Security Systems Ltd.).
- Key Questions Answered in This Report
- 1. What was the size of the global perimeter intrusion detection systems market in 2021?
- 2. What is the expected growth rate of the global perimeter intrusion detection systems market during 2022-2027?
- 3. What are the key factors driving the global perimeter intrusion detection systems market?
- 4. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global perimeter intrusion detection systems market?
- 5. What is the breakup of the global perimeter intrusion detection systems market based on the component?
- 6. What is the breakup of the global perimeter intrusion detection systems market based on the deployment type?
- 7. What is the breakup of the global perimeter intrusion detection systems market based on vertical?
- 8. What are the key regions in the global perimeter intrusion detection systems market?
- 9. Who are the key players/companies in the global perimeter intrusion detection systems market?