The global white oil market size reached US$ 2.0 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2.4 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 3.26% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
White oil refers to the highly refined mineral oil that is obtained as a by-product in the production of sulfonates. Also known as paraffinum perliquidum or liquid paraffin, it is formed when paraffinic or naphthenic base oils are treated with sulfuric acid. The process removes the natural oxidation inhibitors, nitrogen and sulfur impurities, and unsaturated, toxic, aromatic and color-forming compounds. White oil is colorless, odorless, stable, pure, non-toxic, and chemically inert in nature. It can also be produced from a wide variety of feedstocks, depending on processes such as the two-stage hydrotreating method.
White Oil Market Trends:
- The global white oil market is primarily driven by its growing applications in various industries. In the medical and pharmaceutical industry, white oil is employed in the production of ointments, laxatives and as a carrier for curative drug formulations. In the food industry, the product is applied in egg, fruit and vegetable coatings, food-grade lubricants and greasers, and within food packing materials. White oil also plays an essential role in producing plastics and elastomers, polystyrene internal lubricants, PVC external lubricants, plastic annealing, and catalyst carriers. Furthermore, white oil offers lubricity, the ability to prevent moisture, and chemical inertness. Due to these properties, it is utilized in the cosmetics industry to manufacture topical skincare products, such as body lotions, petroleum jelly, moisturizers, cold creams, hair care products and baby oil. Besides this, manufacturers are extensively investing in research and development (R&D) activities to introduce cost-efficient products.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global white oil market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on application.
Breakup by Application:
- Personal Care
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, Calumet Specialty Products Partners L.P., China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation, ExxonMobil Corporation, H&R GmbH & Co. KGaA, Nynas AB, Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc. (Hollyfrontier Corporation), Renkert Oil Inc., Royal Dutch Shell Plc, Sasol Limited, Savita Oil Technologies Limited and Total SE.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global white oil market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global white oil market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global white oil market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?