The Saudi Arabia PVC pipes market size reached US$ 1,150.9 Million in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1,502.3 Million by 2027, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.6% during 2022-2027.
Polyvinyl chloride, or PVC, is a combination of plastic and vinyl used in pipes, flooring and roofing foils, window frames, cables and wall coverings. It is replacing traditional building materials such as wood, metal, concrete and clay in many applications. Pipes made using the PVC resin are durable, reliable, lightweight, and resistant to rusting and rotting. As a result of these properties, they are used extensively in water systems, underground wiring and sewerage. In recent years, Saudi Arabia has experienced a significant rise in the construction of housing and commercial units, mega real estate development projects, industrial parks and economic cities, restaurants and hotels. This has boosted the sales of PVC pipes as they are utilized in sewage projects and for providing water utility services.
PVC pipes offer numerous advantages that make them ideal for a vast number of applications. They are cost-effective, provide easy-installation, eliminate the need for welding and have low-maintenance costs. Besides this, the rising construction and infrastructural development projects in Saudi Arabia have resulted in an augmented demand for PVC pipes, majorly in the western and eastern regions of the country. Apart from this, active private participation in setting up industrial parks and clusters for plastic conversion by the government through Public-Private Partnership (PPP) and Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) models has further augmented the market growth. Moreover, several leading companies in the region are developing the competency of domestic PVC pipes manufacturing by enhancing their quality and introducing new product lines through technology upgradation and strengthening of local linkages in the upcoming years.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the Saudi Arabia PVC pipes market report, along with forecasts for the period 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on application.
Breakup by Application:
- Sewerage and Drainage
- Oil and Gas
- Water Supply
- The sewerage and drainage sector currently represent the largest application segment, accounting for the majority of the overall market share. The Saudi Arabia Government (SAG) Vision 2030 and National Transformation Program (NTP) aim to triple the percentage of desalinated water to 52 percent through strategic partnerships by 2020 and also to dramatically increase the number of cities and citizens receiving water and sewerage services. As a result, the demand for PVC pipes is projected to escalate across the sector.
The competitive landscape of the market is characterized by the presence of numerous small and large manufacturers who compete in terms of prices and quality. Some of the leading players operating in the market are:
- Saudi Plastic Products Company Ltd. (SAPPCO)
- New Products Industries Co Ltd. (Neproplast)
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC)
- Arabian Gulf Manufacturers Ltd.
- Al Watania Plastics
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the PVC pipes market in Saudi Arabia performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Saudi Arabia PVC pipes industry?
- What are the key application segments in the industry?
- What are the price trends of PVC pipes?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Saudi Arabia PVC pipes industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Saudi Arabia PVC pipes industry?
- What is the structure of the Saudi Arabia PVC pipes industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Saudi Arabia PVC pipes industry?
- What are the profit margins in the Saudi Arabia PVC pipes industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a PVC pipes manufacturing plant?
- How are PVC pipes manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a PVC pipes manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a PVC pipes manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a PVC pipes manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a PVC pipes manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for PVC pipes?
- What are the transportation requirements for PVC pipes?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a PVC pipes manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a PVC pipes manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a PVC pipes manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a PVC pipes manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a PVC pipes manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?