The Portugal PVC pipes market size reached US$ 46.7 Million in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 61.0 Million by 2027, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.6% during 2022-2027.
Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) pipes are gaining traction in Portugal, owing to the associated benefits such as flexibility and non-corrosive nature. This can also be accredited to the burgeoning plastic industry in the country. Moreover, PVC pipes are replacing metallic pipes in construction, electricity, plumbing, water distribution, and sewerage and drainage applications as they are cost-efficient, easy to install, available in several grades, have high tensile strength and can endure high fluid pressure. Besides this, the manufacturing of these pipes requires nearly four times lesser energy and incurs comparatively lower losses of raw materials than conventional pipes.
Portugal PVC Pipes Market Trends:
- The revival of the construction sector, in confluence with numerous initiatives undertaken by the Government of Portugal, represents one of the significant factors impelling the PVC pipes market growth. To address the concern of affordable housing, the Government has introduced schemes, such as Programa Especial de Realojamento. It has also implemented Porta 65 Jovem and Mercado Social de Arrendamento, which aims at helping young people and low-income households for permanent housing. In addition to this, PVC pipes are extensively used in the agriculture sector, owing to their flexibility, which makes them resistant to fracturing. They are also used in chemical labs and production facilities to transfer chemicals, water and wastewater on account of their high deflection temperature. Apart from this, the thriving travel and tourism industry in the region is bolstering the market growth. Furthermore, manufacturers are focusing on developing and introducing value-added products to expand their businesses.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the Portugal PVC pipes market report, along with forecasts for the period 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on type and application.
Breakup by Type:
- Rigid PVC Pipes
- Flexible PVC Pipes
- Rigid PVC pipes currently represent the most widely used product due to their excellent electrical insulation properties and resistance to oil, grease and chemicals.
Breakup by Application:
- Water Distribution
- At present, the construction sector accounts for the majority of the total market share. This can be attributed to the revival of the construction industry.
The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report, along with the detailed profiles of the major players operating in the industry. Some of these players are:
- Politejo Group
- ADEQUA WS, SLU
- FERSIL Freitas & Silva, SA
- Plimat SA
- Key Questions Answered in This Report
- 1. What was the size of the Portugal PVC pipes market in 2021?
- 2. What is the expected growth rate of the Portugal PVC pipes market during 2022-2027?
- 3. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Portugal PVC pipes market?
- 4. What are the key factors driving the Portugal PVC pipes market?
- 5. What is the breakup of the Portugal PVC pipes market based on the type?
- 6. What is the breakup of the Portugal PVC pipes market based on the application?
- 7. Who are the key players/companies in the Portugal PVC pipes market?