The global omega 3 supplements market size reached US$ 7.3 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 11.6 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 8% during 2023-2028.
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential fats found naturally in foods like fish, vegetable oils, nuts, flax seeds, flaxseed oil, and leafy vegetables. They play a pivotal role in the cell membranes of the body for affecting the functions of cell receptors. Their deficiency can lead to dry and irritated skin, inflammation, dry eyes, depression, and arthritis. As a result, there is a rise in the need for over the counter (OTC) omega-3 supplements to help boost the omega-3 levels in the body. These supplements generally contain different forms of omega-3s, including natural triglycerides, free fatty acids, ethyl esters, re-esterified triglycerides, and phospholipids.
Omega 3 Supplements Market Trends:
- A significant rise in the number of individuals suffering from omega-3 deficiency represents one of the key factors bolstering the market growth. Moreover, omega-3 fatty acids play an essential role in improving cardiovascular health and enhancing communication between brain cells. Therefore, the increasing prevalence of heart diseases and the growing consumer inclination towards cognitive health are contributing to the market growth. Apart from this, the rising awareness about the benefits of including omega-3 fatty acids in the diet for reducing the risk of blood clots, keeping the lining of the arteries smooth and free from damage, and lowering triglyceride levels is also driving the market. Furthermore, some of these supplements made from fish oil are considered nonvitamin and nonmineral natural products, which makes them a popular choice among children and adults. Besides this, manufacturers are offering sustainably sourced plant-based variants to cater to the dietary requirements of omega-3 among the vegan population. This, along with the emerging trend of veganism, is anticipated to propel market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global omega 3 supplements market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on source, form, functionality, distribution channel and end user.
Breakup by Source:
- Fish Oil
- Krill Oil
- Algae Oil
Breakup by Form:
- Soft Gels
Breakup by Functionality:
- Cardiovascular Health
- Brain, Nervous System and Mental Health
- Eye Diseases
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
Breakup by End User:
- Pregnant Women
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being 1-800-Flowers.com Inc., Aker BioMarine ASA, Carlson Labs, Green Pasture Products LLC, KD Pharma Group, Natrol LLC, Nordic Naturals Inc., Now Foods, NutriGold Inc., OmegaBrite, Optimum Nutrition Inc. (Glanbia Performance Nutrition Inc.), Pharma Nord and The Bountiful Company.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- 1. What was the size of the global omega 3 supplements market in 2022?
- 2. What is the expected growth rate of the global omega 3 supplements market during 2023-2028?
- 3. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global omega 3 supplements market?
- 4. What are the key factors driving the global omega 3 supplements market?
- 5. What is the breakup of the global omega 3 supplements market based on the source?
- 6. What is the breakup of the global omega 3 supplements market based on the form?
- 7. What is the breakup of the global omega 3 supplements market based on the functionality?
- 8. What is the breakup of the global omega 3 supplements market based on the distribution channel?
- 9. What is the breakup of the global omega 3 supplements market based on the end user?
- 10. What are the key regions in the global omega 3 supplements market?
- 11. Who are the key players/companies in the global omega 3 supplements market?