The global dashboard camera market size reached US$ 3.5 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 7.5 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 13.57% during 2023-2028.
A dashboard camera, or dashcam, is a specialized portable onboard camera that is attached to the interior of an automobile's windscreen. It is used for recording the interior and surroundings of the vehicle to record collisions, road accidents and mishaps. Some of the commonly available variants include front-facing, rear, interior, triple-lens and miniature dashboard cameras. They are equipped with date and time, inbuilt global positioning system (GPS) and night recording functionalities. The dashcams are highly beneficial in minimizing road rage, reporting reckless driving and harassment and monitoring young and inexperienced drivers.
Dashboard Camera Market Trends:
- Significant growth in the automotive industry across the globe is one of the key factors creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, increasing awareness regarding vehicular safety among the masses is providing a thrust to the market growth. Two-wheeler and automobile drivers are widely using dashboard cameras and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) to take control of on-road security and record incidents of collisions, thefts and vandalism. These systems also analyze the distance and speed of the vehicle in front and provide notification alerts to the driver. Additionally, various technological advancements, such as the integration of innovative technologies, such as seamless wireless connectivity, lane departure warning, blind-spot detection and collision avoidance systems, are acting as other growth-inducing factors. In line with this, several insurance providers are also encouraging the use of dashboard cameras and are using the recordings for settling claims fasters and charging lesser premiums. Other factors, including rising expenditure capacities of the consumers, along with the implementation of favorable government policies, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global dashboard camera market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on technology, product, video quality, application and distribution channel.
Breakup by Technology:
Breakup by Product:
- Rear View
Breakup by Video Quality:
Breakup by Application:
- Commercial Vehicle
- Personal Vehicle
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being ABEO Technology CO. Ltd, Aiptek International GmbH, Amcrest Technologies Llc, CNSLink Ltd., Cobra Electronics Corporation (Cedar Electronics Corporation), DigiLife Technologies Co. Ltd. (KYE Systems Corp.), DOD Technologies Inc, Garmin Ltd., LG Electronics Inc., Panasonic Corporation, Pittasoft Co. Ltd. and Steelmate Co. Ltd.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global dashboard camera market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global dashboard camera market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the video quality?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global dashboard camera market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?