PUBLISHER: IMARC | PRODUCT CODE: 1298913
PUBLISHER: IMARC | PRODUCT CODE: 1298913
The global organ preservation market size reached US$ 176.4 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 260.3 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.5% during 2023-2028.
Organ preservation refers to the process of preserving healthy organs harvested from the body of donors. The process involves the removal of organs from the donor's body, storing it for transportation and then transplanting it into the receiver's body without significant damage. It utilizes various techniques, such as hypothermic machine perfusion, static cold storage (SCS) and normothermic machine perfusion (NMP), to maintain the temperature and oxygen levels of kidneys, liver, lung, heart and other organs. The preservation techniques and solutions used are essential for donor organ quality, which directly influences the morbidity and survival rates of a patient after transplantation.
The increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, along with the growing geriatric population across the globe, are among the key factors driving the growth of the market. Owing to the frequent occurrences of organ failures due to diabetes, cardiovascular disorders (CVDs), obesity, and other such severe medical conditions, there is an increasing need for organ preservation procedures. The advent of innovative and advanced techniques, such as NMP, for organ preservation, is acting as a growth-inducing factor. Such techniques aid in decreasing the probability of reperfusion injury during transplantation and exhibits improved results in cold storage for clinical and experimental studies. Moreover, an increasing number of government and non-government policies and initiatives to promote organ donation are impacting the market growth positively. The rising number of individuals volunteering to donate their organs for transplantation and research purposes are also driving the market further. Other factors, including enhanced research and development (R&D) and significant advancements in the organ preservation infrastructure, are also projected to contribute to the market growth significantly.
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global organ preservation market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on preservation solution, organ donation type, technique, organ type and end-user.
Living Organ Donation
Deceased Organ Donation
Static Cold Storage Technique
Hypothermic Machine Perfusion
Normothermic Machine Perfusion
Hospitals and Clinics
Middle East and Africa
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being 21st Century Medicine, Biolife Solutions, Bridge to Life Ltd., Bristol-Myers Squibb, Dr. Franz Kohler Chemie GmbH, Essential Pharmaceuticals., Lifeline Scientific, OrganOx, Paragonix Technologies, TransMedics, Waters Medical Systems, Xvivo Perfusion, etc.
Key Questions Answered in This Report
1. What was the size of the global organ preservation market in 2022?
2. What is the expected growth rate of the global organ preservation market during 2023-2028?
3. What are the key factors driving the global organ preservation market?
4. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global organ preservation market?
5. What is the breakup of the global organ preservation market based on the preservation solution?
6. What is the breakup of the global organ preservation market based on the organ donation type?
7. What is the breakup of the global organ preservation market based on the technique?
8. What is the breakup of the global organ preservation market based on the organ type?
9. What is the breakup of the global organ preservation market based on the end-user?
10. What are the key regions in the global organ preservation market?
11. Who are the key players/companies in the global organ preservation market?