The global vinegar market reached a value of US$ 1.3 Billion in 2018. Vinegar refers to an acidic liquid which is produced by the fermentation of ethanol. It is characterized by a sour taste and is rich in vitamin B-1, riboflavin as well as mineral salts. It is widely used as a marinade, preservative and flavor balancer in the food industry. Apple, coconut, malt, cane, lemon and fig are some of the most common flavors of vinegar available in the market. In recent years, there has also been an increase in the demand for gluten-free and organic vinegar products among health-conscious consumers.
A significant rise in the demand for ready-to-eat food products has been witnessed owing to factors such as busy schedules, changing dietary patterns and increasing disposable income levels. As vinegar is used to keep these items fresh and nutritious over longer periods, this trend is strengthening the market growth. Apart from this, since vinegar has antimicrobial and antioxidant properties, it is also utilized in disinfectants, stain removers, antiperspirants, photographic materials, dyes, medicines and hair conditioners. Moreover, wood vinegar is extensively used by farmers for improving seed germination, soil enrichment and root growth stimulation. Owing to these factors, the market is expected to reach a value of US$ 1.4 Billion by 2024, expanding at a rate of 1.1% during 2019-2024.
Breakup by Product Type:
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Cider Vinegar
- White Vinegar
- Rice Vinegar
- Balsamic vinegar represents the most popular product type as it is rich in antioxidants and polyphenols that improve immunity and prevent heart diseases.
Breakup by End Use:
- On the basis of the end use, vinegar is mostly used in the institutional sector.
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Based on the distribution channel, supermarkets and hypermarkets hold the dominant market share, representing the largest segment on account of their increasing popularity, especially in the developing nations.
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
- On the geographical front, Europe holds the leading position in the global market, accounting for around half of the total share.
The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include:
- Acetifici Italiani Modena S.R.L.
- Australian Vinegar
- Bizen Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Fleischmann's Vinegar Company, Inc.
- Kraft Heinz Company
- Shanxi Shuita Vinegar
- Castelo Alimentos S/A
- Burg Groep B.V.
- Aspall Cyder
Key Questions Answered in This Report?
- How has the vinegar market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global vinegar industry?
- What are the various types of vinegar?
- What are the price trends of vinegar?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the vinegar industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the vinegar industry?
- What is the degree of competition in the vinegar industry?
- What are the profit margins in the vinegar industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a vinegar manufacturing plant?
- How is vinegar manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a vinegar manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for the setting up a vinegar manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a vinegar manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a vinegar manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for vinegar?
- What are the transportation requirements for vinegar?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a vinegar manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a vinegar manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructural costs for setting up a vinegar manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a vinegar manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a vinegar manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income from and expenditures for a vinegar manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?