The global feminine hygiene products market was worth US$ 24.5 Billion in 2018. The market is further projected to reach US$ 35.3 Billion by 2024, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.3% during 2019-2024. Feminine hygiene products refer to personal care products which are used by women during vaginal discharge, menstruation and other bodily functions related to genitalia. They play a crucial role in maintaining a woman's reproductive health and supporting proper intimate hygiene practices so as to avoid any kind of infections. Growing awareness about personal hygiene among women coupled with the inclination towards the utilization of convenient and handy sanitary products is creating a huge demand for feminine hygiene products across the globe.
Global Feminine Hygiene Products Market Drivers/Constraints:
- As an increasing number of women are becoming financially independent, the leading players are trying to target them directly and influence their purchasing behavior which, in turn, is providing a boost to the sales of feminine hygiene products.
- The manufacturers nowadays are focusing on introducing innovative and organic products which are comfortable, scented and have higher absorption capability. They are also developing unique marketing and promotional strategies which is attracting a larger consumer-base.
- Several governments and NGOs are taking initiatives to promote the use of feminine hygiene products among the underprivileged and rural women population as well as to manufacture and distribute sanitary pads at affordable costs which is creating a positive outlook for the market.
- The utilization of hazardous chemicals in the manufacturing of feminine hygiene products can cause adverse health effects. In addition to this, the disposal of these products can lead to clogging of drains which, in turn, is hindering the sales of these products.
Breakup by Product Type:
- Based on product types, the market has been segmented into sanitary pads, panty liners, tampons, sprays and internal cleansers. Amongst these, sanitary pads are the most popular product type as they provide comfort to women.
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- On the basis of distribution channels, the report finds that supermarkets and hypermarkets are the largest distribution channels which offer a wide range of products to the consumers under one roof. Other segments include specialty stores, beauty stores and pharmacies, and online.
- Region-wise, Asia Pacific represents the leading market of feminine hygiene products. Growing awareness about the importance of personal hygiene is increasing the demand for these products in the region. Other major regions include North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed covering the profiles of the leading manufacturers. Some of the key players operating in the market are:
- Procter & Gamble
- Edgewell Personal Care
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Kao Corporation
- This report provides a deep insight into the global feminine hygiene products market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the feminine hygiene products industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global feminine hygiene products market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global feminine hygiene products market?
- Which are the popular product types in the global feminine hygiene products market?
- What are the major distribution channels in the global feminine hygiene products market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global feminine hygiene products market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global feminine hygiene products market?
- What is the structure of the global feminine hygiene products market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global feminine hygiene products market?
- How are feminine hygiene products manufactured?