The Saudi Arabia weight loss market was worth US$ 1,030 Million in 2018. In Saudi Arabia, the demand for weight loss services has experienced a healthy growth owing to the escalating obesity rates in the country.
The prevalence of overweight and obesity have been increasing with industrial development, which in Saudi Arabia is related to the significant growth in incomes resulting from the rich deposits of oil reserves and the resultant impact of rapid urbanization and improved living conditions.
Catalysed by westernisation and urbanisation, dietary habits and lifestyles in Saudi Arabia have been changing over the past few decades. Rising number of international fast food chains, reduced physical activity and increasing consumption of processed foods, etc. have been catalysing the prevalence of overweight and obesity in the region. The country now has one of the highest obesity rates in the world with the prevalence being higher in women compared to men.
Driven by the alarming rates of overweight and obesity, the weight loss market in Saudi Arabia is currently exhibiting strong growth. This market is projected to reach a value of US$ 1,598 Million by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 7.6% during 2019-2024.
Saudi Arabia Weight Loss Market Drivers:
- The growing awareness among the consumers regarding unhealthy eating and lifestyle habits including lack of exercise, eating late at night, high-fat diets, etc. have created a huge demand for weight management products, thereby impelling the weight loss market in Saudi Arabia.
- The initiatives and educational campaigns by the Saudi Arabian government regarding the ongoing rise in obesity rates and related illnesses, such as joint problems, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, high blood pressure, cancer and metabolic syndrome is supporting the growth of the weight loss market.
- With elevating incomes, improving healthcare infrastructure and medical advancements, consumers are increasingly opting for weight loss surgeries such as gastric bypass, liposuction, biliopancreatic diversion, etc.
- On the basis of diet, supplements, such as protein shakes, capsules, tablets, etc., dominate the weight loss market in Saudi Arabia. Supplements are followed by meals and beverages.
- Based on the equipment, the market has been segregated into fitness equipment and surgical equipment. Fitness equipment includes vascular and strength training equipment, whereas surgical equipment includes minimally invasive/bariatric equipment and non-invasive equipment.
- On the basis of services, fitness centers and health clubs lead the Saudi Arabia weight loss market. They are followed by consulting services, surgical clinics, online weight loss programs and others.
- Based on gender, the report finds that men dominate the overall market, followed by women.
Age Group Insights:
- On the basis of age group, consumers between 31 to 60 years account for the largest market share. This segment is followed by consumers between 15 to 30 years, consumers with age more than 60 years and consumers below 15 years of age.
- The report has also analysed the Competitive Landscape of the Saudi Arabia weight loss market and provides the profiles of the key players.
- This report provides a deep insight into the Saudi Arabia weight loss market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the Saudi Arabia weight loss market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Saudi Arabia weight loss market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the breakup of the Saudi Arabia weight loss market on diet basis?
- What is the breakup of the Saudi Arabia weight loss market on equipment basis?
- What is the breakup of the Saudi Arabia weight loss market on the basis of service?
- What is the breakup of the Saudi Arabia weight loss market on age group basis?
- What is the breakup of the Saudi Arabia weight loss market on gender basis?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Saudi Arabia weight loss industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Saudi Arabia weight loss industry?
- What is the structure of the Saudi Arabia weight loss market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Saudi Arabia weight loss market?