The UAE pet food market reached a value of US$ X Million in 2018. The market is further projected to reach a value of around US$ X Million by 2024, growing at a CAGR of X% during 2019-2024. Owning a pet is considered as a status symbol in the UAE due to which they are becoming more popular among high income earners. On account of rising pet humanisation trend, a large section of the UAE population has started treating their pets as a part of their family. This evolution in the relationship between owners and their pets has increased the owners' awareness of their pet's health such as weight, allergies and dietary tolerances which has resulted into a heightened demand for different types of pet foods in the country.
The UAE Pet Food Market Drivers/Constraints:
- In the UAE, pets are now allowed to enter in different spaces such as restaurants, hotels and parks with their owners. Moreover, various hotels, particularly in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, welcome pets with assorted treats and accessories, and offer special canine menu and services.
- Premiumised pet food products, such as added ingredients, gluten-free, multigrain, protein-specific, grain-free, etc., introduced by the manufacturers are gaining traction in the region as they provide better quality food, novel proteins and right balance of nutrients.
- Nowadays, pet owners are looking for less refined or processed products with natural preservatives and minimal fillers. The arrival of organic pet food which includes no pesticides, artificial preservatives, flavours or genetically modified organisms and supports digestion with natural prebiotics is further creating a positive outlook for the pet food market.
- The market is highly competitive and manufacturers face a challenge from pet owners who often hold them responsible in case their pets suffer from any kind of health issues.
Breakup by Pet Food Type:
- On the basis of pet food type, the market has been segmented into cat food, dog food and others. Cats are considered to be sacred and cleaner in comparison to other pets. As a result, cat food represents the most popular pet food type, accounting for the majority of the total market share.
Breakup by Product Type:
- Based on the product type, dry food holds the largest market share. Dry food is considered convenient for both storage and feeding, and can be easily left in a bowl for the pet to consume at its own pace without the fear of spoilage. Moreover, dry kibbles are available in several shapes, sizes and types, making it suitable for different types of pets. Other product types include wet and canned food, and snacks and treats.
Breakup by Ingredient:
- On the basis of ingredient, the market has been segregated into pet food prepared from animal derivatives, plant derivatives and cereal derivatives. Currently, animal derivatives account for the largest market share as they provide a variety of nutrients including proteins, amino acids, fats, minerals and vitamins which are essential for a pet's health.
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Pet food is distributed through various channels such as supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, online stores and others. Among these, supermarkets and hypermarkets represent the leading distribution channel. Numerous pet food manufacturers are investing in advertisement and promotional activities in supermarkets and hypermarkets which is stimulating the sales of pet food.
- The report has also analysed the Competitive Landscape of the UAE pet food market and provides the profiles of the key players.
- This report provides a deep insight into the UAE pet food market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the pet food market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the UAE pet food market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- Which are the popular product types in the UAE pet food market?
- What are the various ingredients in the UAE pet food market?
- What are the popular pet food types in the UAE pet food market?
- What are the major distribution channels in the UAE pet food market?
- What are the price trends of pet food?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the UAE pet food market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the UAE pet food market?
- What is the structure of the UAE pet food market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the UAE pet food market?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a pet food manufacturing plant?
- How is pet food manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a pet food manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a pet food manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a pet food manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a pet food manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for pet food?
- What are the transportation requirements for pet food?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a pet food manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a pet food manufacturing plant?