The global water purifier market reached a value of US$ 33.3 Billion in 2018. Water purifiers are used to remove impurities like toxins, bacteria, chemicals, harmful gases and suspended solids from water. They reduce the concentration of particulate matter present in water and minimize the chances of acquiring waterborne diseases, thereby making the water fit for residential, commercial and industrial purposes. The demand for these purifiers is being propelled worldwide on account of the declining levels of potable water along with rapid urbanization and growing industrialization. Apart from this, rising consumer awareness about the consumption of safe drinking water is positively influencing the sales of water purifiers on the global level.
- Hazardous materials released from improper disposal of industrial waste as well as the excessive use of agrichemicals have resulted in the contamination of water bodies such as lakes, rivers and oceans. Some of these pollutants comprise heavy metals including zinc, lead, nickel, copper, cobalt, magnesium, cadmium, chromium and molybdenum which can cause kidney stones or blood disorders. As a result, there has been a rise in the demand for water purifiers to meet the requirement of clean water in the residential as well as industrial segments. In addition to this, due to strong competition in the market, manufacturers are introducing advanced water purification technologies, like activated carbon filtration and reverse osmosis, for expanding their overall consumer base. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach a value of US$ 54.9 Billion, exhibiting a CAGR of around 9% during 2019-2024.
- Historical, Current and Future Market Trends
Market Breakup by Technology Type:
- Gravity Purifiers
- RO Purifiers
- UV Purifiers
- Sediment Filter
- Water Softener
Market Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Retail Stores
- Direct sales
Market Breakup by End-User:
Market Breakup by Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
- The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being LG Electronics, Unilever N.V., Panasonic Corporation, Kinetico Inc., Aquatech International LLC, GE Appliances, A.O. Smith Corporation, Whirlpool Corporation, Eureka Forbes Ltd., Pentair Plc, Kaz USA, Inc., Mitsubishi Rayon Cleansui Co., Ltd., Kent RO Systems Ltd., Tata Chemicals Ltd., Philip Electronics, EcoWater Systems LLC., 3M, Ion Exchange, etc
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global water purifier market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global water purifier industry?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end-user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global water purifier industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global water purifier industry?
- What is the structure of the global water purifier industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global water purifier industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global water purifier industry?