The global face makeup market was worth US$ 31.3 Billion in 2018. The market is further projected to reach a value of US$ 36.5 Billion by 2024, expanding at a CAGR of 2.3% during 2019-2024. Face makeup refers to a subset of cosmetics which are applied for concealing imperfections of the facial skin including pores, dark spots, wrinkles, freckles and blemishes. Everyday application of face makeup is regarded harmful for the skin as it can result in acne cosmetica which causes blockage of the pores. Owing to this, the demand for halal, natural and organic face makeup products has proliferated as they provide moisturizing, anti-septic, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Global Face Makeup Market Drivers:
- Over the recent years, consumers have become conscious about their physical appearance due to which they are preferring products which can help them enhance their inherent beauty and highlight certain features. This has contributed in boosting the overall growth of the global face makeup market.
- Rising consumption of BB and CC creams across the globe is another major trend providing a thrust to the market growth. These creams offer multi-functional benefits, therefore reducing the time and effort required for skincare.
- The influence of social media and the emerging trend of selfie has led to an increase in the interest of consumers for face makeup products, particularly amongst the young population. Moreover, constant product innovations by manufacturers coupled with aggressive promotions have contributed to the growth of the market.
- Growing trend of highlighting as well as contouring has created a positive outlook for the face makeup products, especially in the developed regions. This can be attributed to the fact that contouring helps in slimming down the chin, nose, forehead and other parts of the face, while highlighting aids in providing a healthy glow to the skin.
Breakup by Product Type:
- On the basis of type, the market has been segmented as foundation, face powder, blush, concealer, bronzer and others. At present, foundation accounts for the majority of the market share, representing the most popular product type. Foundation helps in giving the skin a uniform finish, thereby making the skin appear even.
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Based on distribution channel, the global face makeup market is segregated as supermarkets/hypermarkets, speciality stores, pharmacies, online stores and others.
- On a geographical front, Europe enjoys the leading position in the global face makeup market due to the rising demand for natural, herbal as well as organic face makeup products in the region. Other markets include North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
The market is highly fragmented in nature with the presence of several international as well as regional manufacturers who are competing in terms of prices and quality. Some of the key players which are operating in the market include:
- Lvmh Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton
- Coty Inc.
- Kao Corporation
- This report provides a deep insight into the global face makeup market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the face makeup industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global face makeup market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global face makeup market?
- Which are the popular product types in the global face makeup market?
- What are the major distribution channels in the global face makeup market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global face makeup market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global face makeup market?
- What is the structure of the global face makeup market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global face makeup market?
- How is face makeup manufactured?