The global water purifier market reached a value of US$ 35.83 Billion in 2020. Water purifiers are used to remove impurities like toxins, bacteria, chemicals, harmful gases and suspended solids from water. They reduce the concentration of particulate matter present in water and minimize the chances of acquiring waterborne diseases, thereby making the water fit for residential, commercial and industrial purposes. The demand for these purifiers is being propelled worldwide on account of the declining levels of potable water along with rapid urbanization and growing industrialization. Apart from this, rising consumer awareness about the consumption of safe drinking water is positively influencing the sales of water purifiers on the global level.
- Hazardous materials released from improper disposal of industrial waste as well as the excessive use of agrichemicals have resulted in the contamination of water bodies such as lakes, rivers and oceans. Some of these pollutants comprise heavy metals including zinc, lead, nickel, copper, cobalt, magnesium, cadmium, chromium and molybdenum which can cause kidney stones or blood disorders. As a result, there has been a rise in the demand for water purifiers to meet the requirement of clean water in the residential as well as industrial segments. In addition to this, due to strong competition in the market, manufacturers are introducing advanced water purification technologies, like activated carbon filtration and reverse osmosis, for expanding their overall consumer base. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the global water purifier market to exhibit strong growth during the next five years.
- Historical, Current and Future Market Trends
Market Breakup by Technology Type:
- Gravity Purifiers
- RO Purifiers
- UV Purifiers
- Sediment Filter
- Water Softener
Market Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Retail Stores
- Direct sales
Market Breakup by End-User:
Market Breakup by Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
- The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the (water pruifier companies) key players being LG Electronics, Unilever N.V., Panasonic Corporation, Kinetico Inc., Aquatech International LLC, GE Appliances, A.O. Smith Corporation, Whirlpool Corporation, Eureka Forbes Ltd., Pentair Plc, Kaz USA, Inc., Mitsubishi Rayon Cleansui Co., Ltd., Kent RO Systems Ltd., Tata Chemicals Ltd., Philip Electronics, EcoWater Systems LLC., 3M, Ion Exchange, etc
- Key Questions Answered in This Report
- 1. What was the global water purifier market size in 2020?
- 2. What will be the global water purifier market outlook during the forecast period (2021-2026)?
- 3. What is the impact of COVID-19 on the global water purifier market?
- 4. What are the global water purifier market drivers?
- 5. What are the major trends in the global water purifier market?
- 6. What is the global water purifier market breakup by technology type?
- 7. What is the global water purifier market breakup by distribution channel?
- 8. What is the global water purifier market breakup by end user?
- 9. What are the major regions in the global water purifier market?