Pasta refers to the staple food of tradition Italian cuisine which is made using dough, water, eggs, vegetables, and oil. The dough is kneaded into various shapes some of which are known as penne, spaghetti, farfalle, fettuccine, barbine, etc. Pasta is associated with several health benefits owing to a high concentration of vitamins and minerals. Currently, the demand for pasta is gaining immense popularity in India, particularly amongst the younger population, due to expansion in food-service restaurants. According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Indian Pasta Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026", the pasta market in India reached a value of US$ 456 Million in 2020.
The primary factors catalysing the growth of the pasta market in India include rising urbanisation, changing lifestyles and surging demand for ready-to-eat products. In addition to this, the market is also influenced by an increasing women employment rate coupled with rising disposable incomes. Further, the health-conscious consumers are demanding food products with healthier ingredients, which has led to a rise in the demand for pasta made with whole-wheat and quinoa. Some of the other forces that have been proactive in maintaining the market growth are longer shelf-life and ease of preparation. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the pasta market in India to exhibit strong growth during the next five years.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the India pasta market, along with forecasts for growth at the India and state level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on region, type, raw material, distribution channel and cuisines.
- Breakup by Type
- Dry Pasta
- Instant Pasta
- Fresh Pasta
- On the basis of type, the market has been segmented as dry pasta, instant pasta and fresh pasta. Currently, dry pasta dominates the Indian pasta market, holding the majority of the market share.
Breakup by Raw Materials:
- Refined Flour
- Durum Wheat
- Based on raw materials, semolina represents the largest segment, followed by refined flour and durum wheat. This can be accredited to the high gluten content of semolina which helps in maintaining the shape of pasta.
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Convenience Stores
- On the basis of distribution channels, the market is segregated as convenience stores, supermarkets/hypermarkets, institutional and e-retail. Amongst these, institutional sales exhibit a clear dominance in the pasta market in India.
Breakup by Cuisines:
- White Sauce Pasta
- Red Sauce Pasta
- Mix Sauce Pasta
- Based on cuisines, white sauce pasta represents the largest segment, followed by the red sauce pasta and mix sauce pasta.
Breakup by State:
- Uttar Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Other Regions
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and others.
- Competitive Landscape
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Nestle, ITC, Bambino, MTR and Del Monte.
- This report provides a deep insight into the Indian pasta market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the Indian pasta industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Indian pasta market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the Indian pasta market?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Indian pasta market?
- Which are the popular product types in the Indian pasta market?
- What are the key raw materials in the Indian pasta market?
- What are the major distribution channels in the Indian pasta market?
- What are the popular type of cuisines in the Indian pasta market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Indian pasta market?
- What is the structure of the Indian pasta market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Indian pasta market?