Global Biosensors market is expected to record a robust CAGR of about 9% during the 2017-2022 analysis period and is projected to touch US$25.9 billion by 2022 from an estimated US$16.9 billion in 2017. Electrochemical estimated the largest global Biosensors market by technology with 2017 market stood at US$12 billion while Optical segment is expected the fastest growing Biosensor market worldwide with a CAGR of 10.5% over the same period.
Point of Care Testing is expected to remain the largest application area for Biosensors reaching a projected US$11.5 billion by 2022 growing at a CAGR of 8.1% between 2017 and 2022. In regional markets, Asia Pacific is expected the fastest growing market witnessing a CAGR of 11.4% for the aforementioned period whereas the North American market is estimated the largest end-user for Biosensors.
Research Findings & Coverage
- Biosensors market is explored in this report with respect to latest prominent technologies and major application areas
- The report exclusively covers the recent key research and development activities in the Biosensors arena
- Technological Advancements in Point-of-Care Testing Further Promotes Growth of Biosensors
- Growing Emergence of Biosensors in Environmental Application
- Safety & Bio-Defense - The Emerging Field of Biosensors
- Key business trends focusing on product innovations/developments, M&As, JVs and other recent industry developments
- Major companies profiled - 65
- The industry guide includes the contact details for 184 companies
The report analyzes the market for the key technologies of Biosensors including:
Application Areas of Biosensors analyzed comprise the following:
- Home Healthcare
- Point of Care Testing
- Environmental Monitoring
- Research Laboratories
- Process Industry
- Security & Biodefense
Analysis Period, Units and Growth Rates
- The report reviews, analyzes and projects the worldwide Biosensors market for the period 2014-2022 in terms of market value in US$ and the compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) projected from 2017 through 2022
- North America (The United States, Canada and Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, The United Kingdom, Italy and Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina and Rest of South America)
- Rest of World
Major Market Players
- Abbott Laboratories, Inc.
- Acon Laboratories, Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Danaher Corporation
- E. I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company
- EMD Millipore Corporation
- Ercon Inc.
- GE Healthcare Ltd.
- Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Medtronic, Inc.
- Nova Biomedical Corporation
- Origene Technologies, Inc.
- Pathsensors, Inc.
- Perkinelmer, Inc.
- Pharmaco-Kinesis Corporation
- Qiagen N.V.
- Roche Diagnostics Corporation
- Siemens Healthineers
- Smiths Group Plc
- Sysmex Corporation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Universal Biosensors, Inc.