Protein ingredient helps in regulating weight, improving physical strength, lowering muscle loss caused by aging, and mitigating the risk of chronic diseases. As a result, protein ingredients are widely used in the production of food and beverages, animal feed, personal care and cosmetics and pharmaceuticals. Also, growing consumer consciousness and growing market acceptance, mostly for functional foods and dietary supplements is boosting the growth of the protein ingredient market in the coming years.
Food & Beverages constitutes the largest application market for Protein Ingredients globally, estimated share of 36.8% or US$10.5 billion in 2018. The overall global market for Protein Ingredients is expected to exceed US$30 billion in 2019.
Research Findings &Coverage
- Protein ingredients global market research report analyzes the market with respect to product segments/types and applications
- The global market size is estimated in this report by product segments/types and applications across all major countries
- Research Study Shows Plant-Based Protein Diet May Reduce Risk of Cardiovascular Death
- Animal-Based Dietary Proteins May Increase the Risk of Early Death in Older People
- Rapeseed Study Clears the Way for Use as a Protein Source for Human Nutrition
- Whole Eggs Stimulate Post Exercise Muscle Building and Repair than Egg Whites
- Key business trends focusing on product innovations/developments, M&As, JVs and other recent industry developments
- Major companies profiled - 53
- The industry guide includes the contact details for 167 companies
The market for key product segments/types of Protein Ingredients studied in this report comprise the following:
- Animal Protein
- Whey Protein
- Milk Protein
- Casein and Caseinates
- Egg Protein
- Plant Protein
- Soy Protein
- Wheat Protein
- Pea Protein
The report analyzes the market for the following major applications of Protein Ingredients:
- Food & Beverages
- Animal Feed
- Infant Formulation
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
Analysis Period, Units and Growth Rates
- This report reviews, analyzes and projects the global Protein Ingredients market for the period 2016-2025 in terms of market value in US$ and the compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) projected from 2018 through 2025.
- North America (The United States, Canada and Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, South Korea and Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina and Rest of South America)
- Rest of World
Major Market Players
- AMCO Proteins
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Arla Foods Ingredients Group P/S
- Axiom Foods, Inc.
- Bunge Limited
- Burcon Nutrascience Corporation
- Cargill, Incorporated
- CHS Inc.
- Darling Ingredients Inc.
- Dupont Nutrition & Biosciences
- Fonterra Co-Operative Group Limited
- Gelita AG
- Glanbia PLC
- Hilmar Ingredients
- Kerry Group
- Kewpie Corporation
- Mead Johnson & Company, LLC
- Nitta Gelatin Inc.
- Omega Protein Corporation
- Roquette Frères
- Tessenderlo Group
- Weishardt Holding