IRL has finalised in May 2019 our latest edition of the architectural coatings programme. This includes detailed
data for 21 Focus Countries including market shares, sales channels, detailed prices and values, breakdown
by application system and chemistry, end use, gloss levels, paint grade and paint type. These Focus Country
reports are available separately on our online shop.
Regional and global Top-Line Country data is also available for 119 countries; including volumes and values for each country.
Top-line Country Data:
- Market volumes in metric tonnes (2011-2023)
- Prices and market values in EUR and USD (2017 and 2018)
Regional Aggregated Data:
- Chemistry breakdown: Pure acrylic, alkyds, vinyl/styrene/VAE, polyurethane, epoxy, others (2011-2023)
- Technology breakdown: Water-based, solvent-based (2011-2023)
- Market shares by company in volume (2017 and 2018)
- Value breakdown by: Chemistry, technology and paint type in EUR and USD (2017 and 2018)
- End use: Residential new build, residential renovation/maintenance/improvement, non-residential (2011-2023)
- Paint type: Wall emulsions, primers/undercoats, metal coatings, wood coatings, others (2011-2023)
- Application: Interior, exterior (2011-2023)
- Paint grade: Economy, medium, premium (2011-2023)
- Gloss levels: Gloss, semi-gloss, matt (2011-2023)
- Paint composition: Binder/resin, additives, solvents, pigments/fillers/extenders (2011-2023)
- Europe: Albania, Armenia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom.
- Middle East & Africa: Algeria, Bahrain, Cameroon, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, UAE, Uganda, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Asia-Pacific: Australia, Azerbaijan, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam.
- Americas: Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela.
- Global: Global includes the above reports for Europe, Middle East & Africa, Asia-Pacific, Americas and a Global Regional summary.