Which innovations are shaping the Post PC era?
This report provides an overview of thenext generation of mobile devices
market, analyzing both technological evolutionsand their associateduses, as
well astheir impact on the platform-based economy. It delivers innovation case
studies, mobile devicemarket data (in volume and value) for mobile handsets
and tablets, along with an analysis of stakeholders' roadmaps and strategies.
Report's key questions
- Who are the main players in today's mobile device value chain? How are
they positioned in the market?
- What are top device manufacturers' strategies? What are their particular
strengths and weaknesses?
- Which innovations are going to shape the mobile device market 5 to 10
years from now? What are the core technical challenges involved?
- What will the next generation device economy look like? Which role for
mobile network operators in a platform-based economy?
Data & Forecasts 2008-2016
- Asia- Pacific:
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
North America: Canada the USA
- Western Europe:
- the UK
- Rest of Western Europe
- Mobile Phones: in thousand units - share by region
- Smartphones: in thousand units
- Tablets: in thousand units
Historical data 2007-2011
- Sony Ericsson
For each player
- Revenues: Devices - Services
- Operating profit: Devices & Services
- Sales (units): Mobile Phones (of which Smartphones) - Tablets
- Market share: Volume - Revenue
- Device average sales price (in EUR and local currency)
- Total Sales by region
Market shares (by quarter)
- Mobile Phone Manufacturers Shipments: Units & total market shares
- Smartphone Manufacturers shipments: Units & total market shares by
Smartphone Manufacturers Market Shares