Juniper's ‘eSports, Let's Play & Watch Play’ research provides the most comprehensive and progressive analysis of this expanding market available today. It enables industry stakeholders to understand key market disruptions and leading players shaping sector growth, accompanied by an in-depth market sizing and forecast analysis.
This research provides the reader with new insights into the eSports & Games Streaming market, including the key challenges, opportunities and growth potential for:
- The eSports Market - the competitive playing of video games, often for real money.
- The ‘Let's Play' Sector - commentary and tutorials on streams of casual video gameplay.
- The Watch Play Sector - where broadcasters stream video gameplay as it happens.
The research includes:
- Market Trends & Opportunities (PDF)
- 5 Year Market Sizing & Forecast Spreadsheet (Excel)
- Sector Analysis: Juniper's study of key trends and disruptive factors across the eSports and Let's Play markets:
- Analysis of leading players and strategic opportunities for stakeholders.
- Segment insight into eSports uptake by device type.
- New technologies and prospects analysis.
- Monetisation models.
- Trend Appraisal: Juniper's ‘take' and assessment of the implications of major trends in the industry, including:
- Analysis of leading tournaments and games, with data on current and historic prize pools.
- The opportunity for sponsorship and monetisation through value added content.
- Benchmark Industry Forecasts: Provided for eSports and Games Streaming, quantifing advertising spend and user generated revenues through channels such as subscription and donations.
- Case Studies: Analysis of leading industry stakeholders and players, including:
- Tyler ‘Ninja' Blevins
- 1. What is the size of the eSports industry in terms of market value?
- 2. Why are Let's Plays such an important part of the games content streaming industry?
- 3. What is skins gambling, and how does this practice relate to eSports activities?
- 4. What are the key drivers for online games content streaming, and how can these be exploited in the future?
- 5. How has the eSports and games streaming market evolved over the past year? Are there any new monetisation strategies/opportunities?
Data & Interactive Forecast
Juniper's ‘eSports, Let's Play & Watch Play’ forecast suite includes:
- Data splits for 8 key global regions, in addition to country breakdowns for:
- South Korea
- Unique viewers of eSports and games streaming services.
- Number of people who watch casual games streaming content, total revenues from casual games subscriptions & advertising spend.
- Number of people who watch eSports content, total revenues from eSports subscriptions & advertising spend.
- Sector revenues from donations to creators.
- Interactive Scenario Tool allowing users to manipulate Juniper's data for 13 different metrics.
- Access to the full set of forecast data of more than 170 tables and over 19,000 datapoints.
Juniper Research's highly granular interactive Excels enable clients to manipulate Juniper's forecast data and charts to test their own assumptions using the Interactive Scenario Tool; and compare select markets side by side in customised charts and tables. IFxls greatly increase clients' ability to both understand a particular market and to integrate their own views into the model.