Juniper's ground-breaking research into Autonomous Vehicles charts the anticipated opportunities in the Consumer & Commercial Driverless Cars market. It also investigates developments that technologies such as ADAS (Advanced Driverless Assistance Systems) will enable, offering valuable insights into the future market.
Providing a comprehensive analysis of current and future developments in the market; this includes a strategic assessment, player positioning and ranking of key OEMs, Tier 1 suppliers and new disruptive players.
This research includes:
- Deep Dive Strategy & Competition (PDF)
- 8 Year Deep Dive Data & Forecasting (PDF & Excel)
- Executive Summary & Core Findings (PDF)
- Trends Assessment: Strategic evaluation of the key market trends, including technological developments and regional market activities.
- Regulatory Environment Analysis: In-depth examination of the emerging legislation and regulatory environment across core markets and geographical regions.
- Market Readiness Index: Juniper's assessment of the comparative attraction and operating environment of 20 key countries, with each market considered against a mix of supplier-side and buyer-side considerations.
- OEM Player Analysis & Ranking: Juniper's analysis and ranking of leading OEMs includes Google, Daimler, Volvo, Tesla and 7 others, based on individual company performance and progress toward delivering autonomous vehicles to the mass market.
- Tier 1 Supplier Analysis: Analyses and provides recommendations for leading Tier 1 specialist suppliers including:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- ZF Friedrichshafen
- Technology & Impact Appraisal: Investigates key technological advances and critical challenges hindering market adoption.
- Segment Analysis: Market segment analysis and forecast breakdown for Level 1, Level 2/3 and Level 4/5 classifications, split by:
- Consumer Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicles
- Interviews: With leading players across the automotive value chain, including:
- Xesol Innovation
- Clear Motion
- eyeSight Tech
- Valens Automotive
- Traffic Tech Services
- Juniper Leaderboard: Key player capability and capacity assessment, together with our Leaderboard positioning matrix for 12 emerging technology vendors.
- Benchmark Industry Forecasts: Provided for the size and growth of AV & ADAS market, including adoption and revenues.
- 1. What are the challenges which may inhibit the development of the autonomous vehicle market?
- 2. What are the new business models and how are stakeholders planning to monetise the self-driving car industry?
- 3. What is the current state of the market and how will it evolve over the next 10 years?
- 4. What is the future evolution model for critical autonomous vehicle technologies?
- 5. What is the projected market demand for ADAS-enabled vehicles?
- Interviewed: Aeye, AIMotive, Canatu, ClearMotion, eyeSight Tech, HERE Technologies, NAVYA, Savari, TTS (Traffic Technology Services), Valens Automotive, Vulog, Xesol Innovation.
- Profiled: Aeye, AIMotive, Canatu, ClearMotion, eyeSight Tech, HERE Technologies, NAVYA, Savari, TTS (Traffic Technology Services), Valens Automotive, Vulog, Xesol Innovation.
- Case Studied: AIMotive, HERE Technologies, Valens Automotive.
- Mentioned: 3M, ABI (Association of British Insurers), Advanced Scientific Concepts, Aisin Seiki Co, Alphabet, Amazon, Apple, Aptiv, Argo AI, ASCar, ATS (Advanced Telematic Systems), Audi, Autoliv, Aviva, Baidu, Bakulin Motors Group, BMW, Bose, BYD, C2C-CC (Car 2 Car Communication Consortium), Cadillac, Car2Go, CN Innovations, CNI (National Industry Council), Continental, Cruise, Crunchbase, Cypress Semiconductor, DAF Trucks, Daimler, Denso, Deutsche Telekom, Direct Line, Display Solution, DuPont, Elektrobit, Emirates Airlines, emov, Ericsson, Euro NCAP (European New Car Assessment Programme), Europcar, Evo Car Share, Fiat Chrysler America, Ford, FreshLinc, Geely, GIC, GM (General Motors), Google, GreenMobility, Harman, Haylion Technologies, Hosiden, Hyundai, ICTC (Information and Communications Technology Council), Innoviz, KAIST, Kia, Land Transport Authority, LeddarTech, LG, Lyft, Mapbox, Mercedes-Benz, Mevo, Micello, Microchip, Microsoft, Mitsubishi, Mobileye, Naver Labs, NAVINFO, NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) , Nissan, Nokia, NTT Docomo, nuTonomy, NVIDIA, OKI, Osram, Princeton Lightwave, PSA, Qualcomm Technologies, Quanergy Systems, RAC, REKA, Renault, Renova, Robert Bosch GmbH, SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers), SAIC Motor Corp, Samsung, Scale API, Scania, SEAT, Sidecar, Siemens, Silvercar, Sixt, SK Telecom, Sony, Splitting Fares, Strobe, Synaptics, Tata, Tech Mahindra, Tencent, Tesla, Toyota, Traffic Safety Corporation, Transdev, Uber, Urbano, Valeo, Valhalla, Velodyne, Veoneer, Volvo, VTT Technical Research Center, VW, Waymo, Yandex, YoungFast, ZF Friedrichshafen.
Data & Interactive Forecast
The new ‘Autonomous Vehicles & ADAS ’ forecast suite includes:
- Country-level data splits for 8 key regions and country forecasts for:
- Segment splits by:
- Commercial & Consumer ADAS-Enabled Vehicles
- Commercial & Consumer Autonomous Vehicles
- Autonomous Vehicles forecast split by classification:
- Level 1
- Level 2/3
- Level 4/5
- What-If Analysis tool allowing user the ability to manipulate Juniper's data for 6 different metrics.
- Access to the full set of forecast data of more than 50 tables and over 9,000 datapoints.
Juniper Research's highly granular IFxls (Interactive Excels) enable clients to manipulate Juniper's forecast data and charts to test their own assumptions using the Interactive Scenario Tool; and compare select markets side by side in customised charts and tables. IFxls greatly increase clients' ability to both understand a particular market and to integrate their own views into the model.