Juniper's latest ‘Internet of Things for Security Providers’ research offers critical analysis of the IoT (Internet of Things) cybersecurity landscape; providing in-depth coverage of key strategic approaches for securing IoT deployments. It examines the present landscape, as well as offering valuable insight into future challenges and how they can be addressed.
Juniper's incisive research provides additional analysis into the changing technological landscape of the IoT; examining how both edge computing and LPWAN (Low Power Wide Area Network) technologies are likely to impact future security requirements.
Juniper's security dataset covers key IoT market segments, including:
- Public Services
This research suite comprises:
- Deep Dive Strategy & Competition (PDF)
- 5 Year Deep Dive Data & Forecasting (PDF & Excel)
- Executive Summary & Core Findings (PDF)
- IoT Security Analyses: Including current and future strategies, challenges and approaches for:
- Security by Design
- Lifecycle Management
- Identity Management
- Behavioural Analysis
- Sector Dynamics: Analyses of future implications for IoT security in terms of:
- Edge Computing
- Low Power Wide Area Networks
- Juniper Leaderboard: 12 IoT solution vendors compared, scored and positioned on the Juniper Leaderboard matrix, including:
- Carbon Black
- Palo Alto Networks
- Positive Technologies
- Rubicon Labs
- Benchmark Industry Forecasts: Market forecasts for IoT security spend across key segments:
- Consumer: Smart Home, Connected Cars, Digital Health
- Industrial: Retail, Connected Buildings, Agriculture
- Public Services: Smart Street Lighting, Smart Energy, Smart Traffic & Parking
- 1. Which verticals in the IoT are poised as high growth security markets?
- 2. What factors will play the most significant role in determining IoT security spend?
- 3. How must customers approach the IoT in terms of cybersecurity risk management?
- 4. What are the key strategic challenges for IoT security?
- 5. What is the future outlook for the market in terms of architecture and technology?
- Interviewed: achelos, ADLINK, Gemalto, Giesecke+Devrient, OpenFog Consortium, Vodafone.
- Profiled: achelos, Carbon Black, CyberArk, Darktrace, FireEye, Gemalto, Giesecke+Devrient, Optiv, Palo Alto Networks, Positive Technologies, Rubicon Labs, Symantec.
- Case Studied: OpenFog Consortium.
- Mentioned: Accenture, Akamai, Allianz, Amazon, Apple, Arm, Array Networks, Avancial, Belden, BH Global, Blue Coat, BMC Software, Box, BT, C3 Alliance, Caterpillar, Check Point Software Technologies, Cisco, Comodo, Comptel, Conexsys, Conjur, CriticalBlue, Cumulocity, Cyber Security Coalition, Cybereason, Decision Lab, Dell, Deloitte, Deutsche Post, Dialog Semiconductor, Didi Chuxing, DigiCert, Dropbox, Duo Security, Equifax, Ericsson, Ernst & Young, Evident.io, FlowThings, ForeScout, Foxconn, G Suite, Google, HP, IBM, IDnow, Ingenu, Intel, Invotas, IoT Cybersecurity Alliance, iSight Partners, Juniper Networks, Katerra, Kite Distribution, KKR, LightCyber, LinkedIn, Lockheed-Martin, LogRhythm, M2MD, MAS (Monetary Authority of Singapore), Metro Bank, Micron, Microsoft, Motorola, Murata, NATO, Nokia, Numerex, NVIDIA, NXP, Oracle, Otono Networks, Petuum, Peugeot, Pitney Bowes, Proofpoint, Prudential, PwC, Qualcomm, Qualys, Rapid7, Rockwell Automation, SailPoint, Salesforce, Samsung, SAP, Secdo, secunet, SecureAuth, Semtech, Sharp, Sierra Wireless, Sigfox, Silego, SK Telecom, Société Générale, Softbank, Software AG, Splunk, STMicroelectronics, Tanium, Telefónica, Telstra, Tenable Network Security, Texas Instruments, Thales, Toppan, Toyota, Tripwire, UniCredit, Uptake, Varonis, Vaultive, Viptela, Visa, VMWare, WolfSSL, X15, Zementis.
Data & Interactive Forecast
Juniper's ‘Internet of Things’ forecast suite includes:
- Forecasts for 8 key regions as well as 11 countries including:
- IoT Devices
- Consumer Devices
- All Other IoT Devices (Industrial & Enterprise)
- Consumer Market
- Smart Home, Connected Vehicles, Digital Health Monitoring
- Product/Service Provider Security Spend
- Industrial Market
- Retail, Connected Buildings, Agriculture
- End-customer Security Spend
- Public Services Market
- Smart Street Lighting, Smart Metering, Smart Grid Distribution Automation, Smart Traffic Management, Smart Parking
- End-customer Security Spend
- Interactive Scenario Tool allowing users to manipulate Juniper's data for 12 different metrics.
- Access to the full set of forecast data of 30 tables and over 4,000 datapoints.
Juniper Research's highly granular interactive Excels enable clients to manipulate Juniper's forecast data and charts to test their own assumptions using the Interactive Scenario Tool; and compare select markets side by side in customised charts and tables. IFxls greatly increase clients' ability to both understand a particular market and to integrate their own views into the model.