Juniper's latest ‘Banking Automation & Roboadvisors ’ research shows how FIs (Financial Institutions) have been transformed by software automation; how they are performing, and which strategies they should adopt in the race to innovate. In order to assist FIs in their decision-making processes, the research delivers an in-depth analysis of automation vendors, alongside a comprehensive macro and micro industry analysis of the financial sector.
Juniper offers additional analysis in the form of FIs' investment in automation through patents, the emergence and impact of mobile banks and Open Banking in the sector. It gives a detailed analysis of the RPA (Robotic Process Automation) and roboadvisor vendor landscape through positioning indexes and strategic recommendations.
The analysis covers key industry service segments, including:
- RPA (Robotic Process Automation)
The research suite comprises of:
- Market Trends & Opportunities (PDF)
- 5-Year Market Sizing & Forecast Spreadsheet (PDF & Excel)
- Market Dynamics: Provides an extensive evaluation of the FI's ecosystem, covering the following elements:
- PESTEL Analysis: Political, economic, social, technological, environmental and legal forces affecting FIs, coupled with strategies to determine how automation can help in dealing with these pressures.
- Porter's 5 Forces Analysis: Analyses the strength of competitors, buyers, suppliers and substitute products' power, in relation to current FIs alongside a set of strategic recommendations.
- Market Investments: Assessment of investments made by incumbent FIs in automation, alongside analysis of relevant patents filed at the USPTO.
- Market Disruption: Investigates the emergence of mobile banks and mobile offerings from traditional and mobile banks, alongside Open Banking and its impact on incumbents and new FIs.
- Sector Analysis: Presents a comprehensive analysis of vendors; exploring their service offers and market position across key sectors:
- Includes strategic vendor positioning and analysis for key RPA and roboadvisor start-ups.
- Juniper Positioning Index: 18 leading RPA vendors, scored and positioned on the Juniper Vendor Positioning Index.
- Juniper Disruptor & Challenger Quadrant : 18 leading Roboadvisor vendors, scored and positioned on the Juniper Disruptor & Challenger Quadrant.
- 1. What is the revenue opportunity for automation in banking over the next 5 years?
- 2. Which financial and banking companies have a stronger position in automation strategy?
- 3. What are the main industry challenges and opportunities to FIs in the race for automation?
- 4. Which are the current RPA and roboadvisor lead players and how are they currently influencing the market?
- 5. Which key players are better positioned to influence the market over the next 5 years?
- Included in Vendor Positioning Index: Another Monday, AntWorks, Autologyx, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, Cinnamon, Contextor, EdgeVerve, Intellicog Technologies, Kofax Kapow, Kryon, Larcai, NICE, Pegasystems, Redwood Robotics, Softomotive, Thoughtonomy, UiPath, WorkFusion.
- Included in Disruptors & Challengers Quadrant: Acorns, Betterment, Bloom, Charles Schwab, E-Trade, Feelcapital, Fidelity, Future Advisor, Moneyfarm, Nutmeg, Personal Capital, Scalable Capital, Sigfig, TD Ameritrade, Vanguard, Wealthfront, Wealthify, Wealthsimple, WiseBanyan.
- Mentioned: ABN AMRO Bank, ABBYY, Agricultural Bank of China, AIB Group (UK), Ally Bank, Ally Financial, Amazon, American Express, Apple, Atom Bank, B, Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, Banco Bradesco, Banco do Brasil, Bancolombia, Bank of America, Bank of China, Bank of Communications, Bank of Cyprus UK, Bank of Ireland (UK), Bank of Scotland, Bank Sohar, BankMobile, Barclays Bank, BNP Paribas, Capital One, CBD Now, Chime, China Construction Bank, China Merchants Bank, Citigroup, Clydesdale Bank, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Coutts & Company, Credit Agricole, Cumberland Building Society, Deutsche Bank, Digibank, Facebook, FCA (Financial Conduct Authority), Fidor Bank, Finn by Chase, First Direct, Global Bank, GoBank, Google, Groupe BPCE, HBS, HDFC Bank, Hello Bank, HSBC Holdings, IBM, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, ING Group, ING-Dib, Itau Unibanco Holding, JPMorgan Chase, Koho, Lloyds Banking Group, Loot, Marks & Spencer Financial Services, Mashreq Neo, ME, Microsoft, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Monese, Monzo, Moven, N26, National Westminster Bank, Nationwide Building Society, Neat, Northern Bank, Pepper, Rabobank, Revolut, Santander, SAP, Sberbank, SBI cards, SEB AB, SG Kleinwort Hambros Bank, Simple, Simplii, Societe Generale, Starling, State Bank of India, Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Tangerine, The Co-operative Bank, The Royal Bank of Scotland, Twitter, USAA, Ulster Bank, USPTO (US Patent and Trademark Office), Wells Fargo, WhatsApp, World Bank Group.
Data & Interactive Forecast
Juniper's ‘Banking Automation & Roboadvisors ’ forecast suite includes:
- Segment splits for:
- Robotic Process Automation
- Customer Service Chatbots
- Regional splits for 8 key regions, as well as country level data splits for:
- Interactive Scenario Tool allowing users to manipulate Juniper's data for 3 different metrics.
- Access to the full set of forecast data of 18 tables and over 2,300 datapoints.
Juniper Research's highly granular interactive Excels enable clients to manipulate Juniper's forecast data and charts to test their own assumptions using the Interactive Scenario Tool, and compare select markets side by side in customised charts and tables. IFxls greatly increase clients' ability to both understand a particular market and to integrate their own views into the model.