Juniper's research into the carrier billing market provides an in-depth analysis into the key benefits to be derived from carrier billing deployments, challenges to achieving mass adoption in both existing and newer user cases, and strategies employed by leading carrier billing platforms.
The research includes industry benchmark forecasts, at both national and regional level, for purchases monetised via carrier billing, including digital content, ticketing, gambling and physical goods purchases.
This research suite includes:
- Deep Dive Strategy & Competition (PDF)
- Deep Dive Data & Forecasting (PDF & Excel)
- Executive Summary & Core Findings (PDF)
- 12 months' access to harvest online data platform
- Carrier Billing Market Today: Analysis of leading players by transaction value.
- Challenge Assessment: Focus on the scale of challenges to deployment and adoption, including fraud, risk management and revenue share.
- Market Dynamics: Strategic analysis of the major trends and key debates in the billing space, including:
- New opportunities in virtualised and physical goods payments
- Storefront deployment status
- Regulatory implications
- Interviews with leading carrier billing providers, including:
- NTH Mobile
- Vendor Profiles & Leaderboard: Key player capability and capacity assessment, together with Leaderboard vendor positioning for 13 carrier billing providers.
- Benchmark Industry Forecasts: Includes forecasts for sales generated via carrier billing across key digital content sectors and new opportunities including ticketing, gambling and physical goods purchases, split by 11 national markets and 8 key regions.
- 1. Which are the leading carrier billing platforms in 2019?
- 2. What revenues will operators generate from carrier billing over the next 5 years?
- 3. What challenges are posed by new carrier billed opportunities in ticketing and physical goods purchasing?
- 4. What are the major pain points preventing carrier billing deployments?
- 5. What are the implications of PSD2 and other key legislation for carrier billing?
- Interviewed: Bango, Centili (Infobip), DIMOCO, mGage, NTH Mobile.
- Profiled: Bango, Boku, Centili (Infobip), DIMOCO, DOCOMO Digital, Fortumo, Infomedia, mGage, NTH Mobile, SLA Digital, telecoming, txtNation, Veoo.
- Mentioned: 9Mobile, 9Pay, A1, abc.es, Adyen, Afonbladet, aim, Airtel, ALTBalaji, Amaze, Amazon, American Express, Apigate, Apple, AT&T, ATAF (Azienda Trasporti Area Fiorentina), Audiens, Austrian FMA (Financial Market Authority), BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, Base, Batelco, Beeline, Bharti Airtel, BilltoMobile, BlackBerry, Box TV, BT, ByNoGame, Casino.com, Celcom, ClickAttack, Cowes Floating Bridge, Danal, Deezer, Digitouch, dittoTV, DNA, du, EA, Eastman Kodak, Easypark, EE, eHarmony, Elisa, Elisa, EnergyBet, Entel, EPlus, Etisalat, Facebook, Feibra, Fiat, Fission, Gaana, Gameloft, Gemalto, Global Collect, Globe, Google, GTECH, Helsinki Transport Network, Hopster, HT-Mobile, Hutchison, IBERIA, Idea Cellular, iflix, Indosat, InternetQ, Intuit, IPC Media, Iusacell, Jazz, JOOX, KDDI, Kinguin, KJM (Kommission für Jugendmedienschutz), KPN, Krabi & Mask, Kyivstar, LMT, Lookout, Loop Mobile, Loviit, Lucozade, Magzrer, MansionCasino.com, Marvel Media, Match.com, Maxis, McAfee, Merrill Corp, Microsoft, MobiFone, Mobile Arts, MobileView, Mobinil, MoCoPay, mopay, Movistar, Mozilla, MPulse, M-Tel, MTN, MTS, National Express/ALSA, Neff Corp, Neomobile, Netflix, Netsize, NOS, NTT DOCOMO, O2, Oath, Ofcom, OneBip, OnMobile, Ooredoo, Optimal Payments, Optus, Orange, Payforit, PayPal, PayRead, Play, Playwing, Proximus, Quebecell, Rakuten, RBI, Readwhere, Reliance Communications, Rheinische Post, Riot Games, S Phone, Samsung, Satelindo, SFR, Shibsted, Shoal Games, Singtel, Skrill, Skype, Smart, Smartfren, Softbank, Sonera, Sony, Sorenson Communications, Spellflix, Spotify, Sprint, Sun, SuperData Research, SWB, Swisscom, T4 Sverige, TAFmobile, Telcel, Tele2, Telekom Slovenije, Telenor, Telia, Telkomsel, Telstra, Tembec Corp, TfL (Transport for London), The Trade Desk, The VoD Platform, Three, TIM, T Mobile, TRAI, TransIQ, Tre, Tri, Turkcell, Twitter, Uber, UMobile, Unino, Valve, Verizon, Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Sieg, Via, ViaPlay, VICE Media, Vietnamobile, Viettel, Vinaphone, VIPnet, Visa, Viva, Vivial, Vivo, VN, Vodacom, Vodafone, Vuclip, Warburton's, webe, Wegow, World Bank, WorldPay, WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment), XL/AXIS, Yoigo, YouTube, Zain.
Data & Interactive Forecast
Our industry benchmark forecasts for carrier billing cover purchases made for digital, physical and virtualised goods.
Forecasts are provided in a PDF report which showcases key data findings, broken down by global regions. In addition the report provides explanation and assumptions behind the market growth. An interactive Excel provides raw data split by digital content type, physical goods purchases, gambling and ticketing, together with operator revenues from each purchase type. Analysis tools enable users to create custom charts for specific markets or sectors.
Juniper's ‘Direct Carrier Billing’ forecast suite includes forecasts for sales and operator revenue shares:
- Total Digital Content Billed Via Carrier Billing, Split By
- Video Content
- Lifestyle Content
- Total Virtualised/Physical Goods Payments Via Carrier Billing, Split By:
- Physical Goods Purchases
- Splits for 8 Key Regions and 11 Key Markets:
- Interactive Scenario Tool allowing users to manipulate Juniper's data for 12 different metrics
- Access to the full set of forecast data of 58 tables and over 7,500 datapoints
Juniper Research's highly granular IFxls (Interactive Forecast Excels) enable clients to compare select markets side by side in customised charts and tables, greatly increasing clients' ability to understand a particular market.